Why did ancient civilizations build pyramids
Seven ancient sites believed to have been built by aliens
On a dry high plateau, a good 300 kilometers southeast of Lima, more than 800 straight, white lines run seemingly arbitrarily through the Peruvian desert. There are also 300 geometric figures and 70 depictions of animals such as spiders, monkeys and hummingbirds.
The longest of these lines run dead straight for kilometers. The largest figures are almost 36 meters in diameter and can best be viewed from the air. Scientists suspect that the Nazca Lines are up to two millennia old. Because of their age, size, visibility from above, and the puzzles they pose, the lines are often cited as one of the finest examples of the work of aliens on Earth. How else could an ancient culture have been able to create such huge images in the desert without flying? And why?
It turned out that the how is pretty easy to understand. The enigmatic images called geoglyphs are created when the top, rust-colored layer of the stones is removed, exposing the lighter, white sand underneath.
The why is a bit more difficult. The figures were first examined at the beginning of the 20th century and it was initially assumed that they were related to star constellations or solstices. However, recent research suggests that the Nazca Lines point towards ceremonial or ritual sites that have been associated with water and fertility. The lines can be seen not only from the air, but also from the surrounding hills.
- How can I think in terms of business
- Are cemeteries ever moved
- Works facial exercise in the nasolabial fold
- How does Desoxyn affect blood sugar?
- What is a successful medical practice
- Why is there no iPhone 9 2
- How does the convertible debt work
- What does Milton Friedmans think of capitalism?
- What are the names in Tieto
- How do I create an FTP folder
- How old are your grandchildren
- What is the treatment for necrotizing fasciitis
- What is bitcoin in simple terms
- Which corporate brand is OnePlus
- How do I deal with girls I like
- Which government is right for you in the Philippines
- What PM has achieved on his visits abroad
- How do phonons behave
- How thick is the human tongue
- Is AST or ALT higher in alcoholics
- How can I use the word to
- How are solar cells doped
- What is a foundation 1
- What percentage is 29 out of 41
- What would be the perfect selling price
- Why is joining a sorority still popular?
- Is fermented tofu good for you
- Can Mexico play in the Copa America?
- Is Centrum Capital a multi-excavator
- What are some English novels worth reading
- What are business papers
- Are there Arabic loan words in Armenian
- What is the opposite of optimism