What are all jobs in cryptology
Job profile cryptologist (m / f / d)
Key facts cryptologist
Completed studies in computer science, mathematics or natural sciences
Field of activity
Encrypting sensitive data, developing new algorithms for digital communication, setting up IT programs and the associated servers
About 5,000 euros per month
Very good, as the security of digital data must also be guaranteed with special care in the future
Tasks of a cryptologist
Technological progress shapes society. Many people are in daily contact with their friends, colleagues and employers via their mobile phones or the Internet. Communication is getting faster and faster - but what about the security of the statements made? Who would like to guarantee with a clear conscience that in addition to the sender and recipient of an email, at least one third person for whom the content is of course not intended? Such questions have been around for many years in IT. After all, the Internet should not open the door to spying on personal data.
One of the tasks of the cryptologist is to encrypt such information. Passwords, the contents of an e-mail or the buyer's bank details in the online shop must not be visible to unauthorized persons - it should also be prevented that they can circumvent or solve the encryption algorithm. Incidentally, you don't even have to think about private individuals. Sensitive plans, such as those in business, administration, politics or the military, are also treated in such a way that no one except the responsible employees can gain access to them. An often difficult undertaking that ultimately also serves the security of society.
The cryptologist works towards this goal by developing special programs for encryption. He is also involved in improving computers and servers. Weak points in the system are searched for everywhere - gaps in the otherwise impenetrable network through which some unauthorized eyes could spy on the important data. The constant testing of errors is part of the daily routine: Can the colleague's program be cracked - or is the information transmitted in it actually optimally secured? Before a software for consumers gets into the shop, it has to be put through its paces. If this does not succeed, the manufacturing company usually faces lawsuits from buyers.
What training does a cryptologist need?
Basically, cryptologists find their way into their future careers during their studies. Usually the IT seminars and lectures are attended. But a solid basis for the desired career can also be laid in the natural sciences in general. For example in mathematics. In addition, the engineering courses, such as those offered for plant and machine builders, also make sense. Pure cryptology is also learned in advanced training courses or as part of a postgraduate course. The structure of the offer can differ considerably depending on the federal state. It should also be noted that in some federal states, cryptology can already be viewed as part of the computer science course - a later specialization in this area would therefore no longer be necessary.
The applicant should be able to demonstrate communicative, technical and mathematical skills. Teamwork and creativity are also welcome. Entering new digital territory should not be a problem. You must also be able to think logically and analytically in general. A sense of detectiveism definitely helps in this profession. Of course, the applicant should also be able to work on a project in a disciplined and patient manner. Encryption processes often take a long time, so they do not succeed within one working day.
Where do cryptologists work?
What does a cryptologist earn?
Future prospects for cryptologists
- Has anyone invested in laxmicoin
- The sweets sold in stores contain ginger
- Who are the legends of tennis history
- Which empire competed with the Persian Empire
- What does the slang term airtight mean?
- What are some tourist places near Raipur
- What are engineers tired of explaining
- When were YouTube's greatest years?
- What's the ugliest helicopter ever built
- How can I reduce my hobbies
- What is oak moss perfume
- What does the BorgWarner company sell
- Does it snow in a country like Brazil?
- What are XCUI test frameworks
- A screenshot of a photo reduces its quality
- How to change Android battery icon
- What are power series
- How can I restore old Instagram stories
- Which is better CSE or mechanical engineering
- Telemarketing is taboo in most societies
- Which device changed your life
- Believe in women's rights
- Is UVCE strict
- What is microcredit in India
- Is there cheating in a monogamous relationship
- Our thoughts are simply complex machines
- What is the best antihistamine
- Why did Quora Reviews start
- Why HCL has postponed selected candidates
- Which trees grow best in Alaska
- Why do people glorify depression
- How much have you invested in crypto currency