What is hydrops
Synonym: Hydrops congenitus universalis
English: hydrops fetalis, fetal hydrops
The Hydrops fetalis refers to an accumulation of fluid or edema in at least two fetal compartments or preformed body cavities.
Hydrops fetalis occurs in births with a frequency of about 1: 1,500 to 1: 4,000.
While in the past the most common cause of hydrops fetalis was rhesus incompatibility (classified as immunological), today it is mainly infections and malformations (classified as non-immunological) of the fetus. However, a cause can only be clearly assigned in around 50% of cases.
3.1 Fetal anemia
For example, fetal anemia occurs in
see also:Haemolyticus neonatorum disease
3.2 Congenital heart defects
Another cause of fetal hydrops is congenital heart defects, such as
If the fetal heart tries to counteract the anemia and increase the cardiac output volume, decompensation with heart failure can occur in addition to the anemia, which increases the water retention.
3.4 Syndrome Associations
Syndromes in which hydrops fetalis can occur more frequently are
The immediate cause of hydrops fetalis is almost always anemia. This is followed by hypoxic damage to the capillary walls with an increase in permeability and fluid leakage from the intravascular space into the extravascular space.
The most common symptoms are
The diagnosis can already be confirmed intrauterine by means of sonography.
First of all, the anemia must be counteracted with blood transfusions and the edema reduced. The next step is to determine the cause of the anemia and, if possible, eliminate it.
- Multimedia applications are difficult
- What does the DJ training cost
- What is your favorite sport?
- What system is called a second brain?
- What are some interesting funny websites
- How will Hillary Clinton deal with terrorism
- What was your wake-up call for your health
- How are twins in a relationship
- Is the government reliable?
- Which films are famous in 2000
- What are Angular 6 pipes
- What if United lose to Newcastle United
- What would make you suffocate while eating
- Where is the Bogibeel Bridge?
- Are bathroom fans meant to disguise smells?
- What projects can we do with WordPress
- What are some cool movie project ideas
- Is Boris Brexit plan even feasible
- Technically speaking, coffee is a tea
- Do you drink milk until now?
- How can someone master C.
- How important are ladybugs
- What are the carnivores of a cassowary
- Is pop music superior to art music