How long can iPod nanos still work?
The iPod does not turn on or appears to be frozen
This article provides help with your iPod classic, iPod nano, and iPod shuffle.
Force restart the iPod
If your iPod isn't responding, use the following instructions * to force restart the device:
iPod nano (7th generation)
Press and hold the Standby button and the Home button until the screen turns off. Wait for your device to restart. Do you need further assistance? Plug the iPod into a power source and try the steps again.
Disconnect your device from all cables, adapters and similar accessories. Turn off your iPod using the power button. (If the switch is green, your iPod is on.) Then wait 10 seconds and turn your iPod back on.
Slide the Hold switch to the off position so you can't see the orange stripe next to the switch. Then press and hold the Menu button and the Middle (or Select) button for 8 seconds or until the Apple logo appears.
Charge the device
If your iPod still doesn't respond, the battery may be dead. Charge your iPod for at least 30 minutes:
- Connect your iPod with the included charging cable.
- Connect the other end of the cable to a power source: use a USB adapter plugged into an electrical outlet or a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port on a computer (not a keyboard). The computer must be turned on and not in hibernation. Alternatively, you can use a USB hub, docking station, or other Apple-certified powered accessory.
- Wait a few minutes for a loading screen to appear or for the status light on your iPod shuffle to glow orange.
After 30 minutes, no loading screen is displayed, nor is the status indicator glowing orange? Proceed as follows:
- Make sure your cables are securely connected. Remove all dust from all ports.
- Try using a different charging cable, power adapter, or other power source. Do not use a power adapter or cables that are damaged.
- If your device still won't turn on, it may need to be repaired. Contact Apple Support.
Do you need more help? Go to the next section.
The iPod turns on, but the startup process does not complete
If your iPod still does not respond, does not complete the startup process, or displays an Apple logo or do the following:
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your computer.
- If you have an iPod nano or iPod classic, put your iPod in disk mode.
- Open iTunes and connect your iPod directly to your computer.
- Find your iPod in iTunes and choose Restore.
- What sells more books than any other?
- What is the future of dance
- How do i make a box
- Why is Trump trying to ruin Obamacare
- How good are AdSense alternatives for making money
- What do we learn in logic
- Do you love who you are with
- When will the result of the SSB interview be announced?
- How would living become a human right
- How is bamboo made
- Why do most cyclists hate e-bikes
- Psychopaths and sociopaths get bored
- The Brexit crisis deepens
- What is the Herxheimer reaction
- What is Mississippi's Sports Team
- Is the Colosseum Rome worth the trip
- When should I prepare for GRE?
- Is Apple a good company
- Should inspire entrepreneurship in the corporate world
- How do I use punctuation correctly?
- How Prosper Loans Work
- Why are some parents eligible
- What is the best rental business idea
- What will the future of dotnet be?