How do I add more phone storage
Android SD card as internal storage - this is how it works on Android
A memory expansion in the form of an SD card is always useful if you have little space left on your smartphone. However, Android and SD cards have a complicated relationship. Depending on which smartphone is used by which manufacturer or which Android version you are using, the whole thing can work or is prevented directly by the manufacturer. Samsung argues, for example, that outsourcing the internal storage poses a security risk, as it can be removed by the user at any time. You can find out what you can do with other manufacturers and what "adoptable storage" actually is in our tips + tricks.
Danger: All existing data on the SD card will be deleted in advance by formatting when it is set up as an internal memory card.
Adoptable Storage: Use SD card as internal storage
Compared to Apple's iOS, Android has always supported external storage and SD cards. Since Android 6.0 Marshmallow, there is also the option of merging the internal memory with the SD card. As a result, the card also functions as a non-removable memory, i.e. forms a common memory unit with the existing one. The name for it is "Adoptable storage".
Basically, you need a smartphone with one microSD slot and Android 6.0 or higher. In addition, the manufacturers of the different smartphones decide whether they allow this or not. Samsung, Sony, LG and Huawei fundamentally reject the support of adoptable storage. Other manufacturers like HTC, Lenovo or Xiaomi however, allow expansion. You can see whether your smartphone supports the function in the settings of the SD card. We will show you exactly how this works in our step-by-step instructions.
Note: If the memory card stops working, all data is gone. For this reason, you should regularly back up your data elsewhere.
You should keep this in mind when expanding the memory
- microSD cards are general slower than the internal memory. Therefore, you should pay attention to the write and read rates. In principle, one is enough Class 10 card out.
- We recommend one Backup Of your data, since your data is gone if a defective microSD card or smartphone is broken.
- The microSD card is usually encrypted, so it cannot be read by other systems - but this should work without any problems via a USB connection to the PC.
- As internal memory set up SD card should not be removed from the smartphone. There may be important functions on the card, which could cause the smartphone to malfunction. That is why the expansion is also being prevented by many manufacturers.
How to set up the SD card as internal storage
Follow our step-by-step instructions or take a look at the quick start guide.
Transfer data from the SD card back to the internal memorydisplay
If you want to go the other way around, follow our step-by-step instructions or take a look at the brief instructions.
Quick guide: Set up the SD card as internal storage
- Open the Settings and tap "Storage".
- Choose your inserted SD card out.
- Open that Three-point menu and go on "Storage settings".
- Tap the option "Format as internal".
- Then go to "Format SD card".
- Wait for the Process ended and then select what is on the SD card transfer shall be.
Quick guide: move data from SD cards to internal storage
- Switch to the "Own files"Of your smartphone.
- Tap on "SD card".
- In the folder view you can see which folders contain how many objects on the SD card. Go to the folder you want to move data from.
- Highlight the ones you want Data and then tap "Move".
- Go to the folder where you want to move the data. Finally, tap on "Move here".
- We can believe and be free
- How can I clog a steam iron
- What if the UPSC digits were reduced to 300?
- Is Orthodox Judaism Against Abortion For Life
- What is an option for dialysis
- What is 5 4 5 4 5
- What is the purpose of data virtualization
- Power Lenovo Motorola Cell Phones
- Do you prefer to run or swim
- What does Psalm 114 mean?
- Today is Father's Day
- How do you use the word unfortunate
- Is that a false statement
- When was WhatsApp launched in India
- When does something become an obsession?
- How was life in 2001
- What is a DBMS 1
- When did programming become coding?
- Are cemeteries ever moved
- Why is miso soup cloudy
- How do I invade and conquer France
- Dogs have allergies
- Can we eat crabs and lobsters?
- Which is the best Amitabh Bachchan song
- How do I get through Vedas
- What is the name of the male ant
- Are there unsafe areas in Chattanooga, USA
- Who are the best sports journalists active today
- Why is this program acting like this
- Who is the best cloud service provider
- Who is Thomas Kuhn
- Why is bragging bad
- What led to the emergence of artificial intelligence
- Who is the most unfortunate astronaut