Can antibiotics cause low hemoglobin levels?
If your hemoglobin levels drop for whatever reason, it can cause fatigue, weakness, shortness of breath, and headaches. And when the levels drop significantly, the condition can be diagnosed as anemia. Here are some foods you can use to boost your hemoglobin levels.
Hemoglobin is an iron-rich protein that is present in red blood cells. It is responsible for carrying oxygen around the body. It is said that 97 percent of the oxygen carried by the lungs is carried by hemoglobin and the other 3 percent is dissolved in plasma.
Ndtv.com quoted nutritionist Sujetha Shetty as saying, "Eating foods rich in iron, folic acid, and vitamin B12 help maintain hemoglobin levels. Some of the food sources that need to be included in the diet are meat, fish, Poultry, chicken, eggs, beans, lentils and green vegetables. Foods containing vitamin C increase the absorption of iron in the body and this is most commonly found in fresh fruits and vegetables such as guava, peppers, berries, oranges, tomatoes and sprouts. "
1. Eat more foods rich in vitamin C
Iron cannot be completely absorbed by the body, so it needs a medium that aids in absorption. This is why vitamin C comes into play here. Eat more oranges, lemons, peppers, tomatoes, grapefruits, berries and the like because they are high in vitamin C.
2. Food rich in iron should be your priority
Iron deficiency is one of the most common causes of low hemoglobin levels, according to the National Anemia Action Council. The recommended daily allowance for iron is: For adult men (19 to 50 years old) eight milligrams; for adult women (19 to 50 years old) 18 milligrams. That is why it is important to eat iron-rich foods such as green vegetables, liver, tofu, spinach, eggs, whole grains, legumes and beans, meat, fish, dry fruits.
Folic acid is a vitamin B complex that can make red blood cells in the body. Folic acid deficiency can lead to low hemoglobin levels. Eat more green vegetables, sprouts, dried beans, peanuts, bananas, broccoli, liver.
Pomegranate is a rich source of both calcium and iron along with protein, carbohydrates, and fiber. It's one of the best foods for increasing hemoglobin; thanks to the exceptional nutritional value. Drink pomegranate juice daily to make sure your hemoglobin levels are at face value.
This sweet dried fruit is full of energy and super nutritious. Dates provide numerous sources of iron, which increases hemoglobin in the blood. However, most doctors recommend that diabetics avoid them because of their high sugar content.
Beetroot is one of the best ways to boost hemoglobin. Not only is it high in iron, but also folic acid along with potassium and fiber. Drink beetroot juice every day to ensure a healthy blood count.
Legumes like lentils, peanuts, peas, and beans can also help increase hemoglobin levels significantly. Their iron and folic acid content boost the production of red blood cells in the body.
Pumpkins contain iron, along with calcium, magnesium, and manganese. Sprinkle them over salad or in your smoothies; use these tiny joys wherever you want.
Watermelon is one of the best fruits that helps increase hemoglobin due to its iron and vitamin C content, which makes iron absorption better and faster.
And remember: foods that contain polyphenols, tannins, phytates, and oxalic acid such as tea, coffee, cocoa, soy products, and bran impede the absorption of iron in our bodies. It is recommended that you limit your intake of these foods if you have low hemoglobin levels. Check your hemoglobin levels; the best way is to have a doctor do a test every three months. Stay healthy!
- What's the charge on iodine
- How do prokaryotic cells multiply
- Should I see Manikarnika or URI
- Writing should be part of learning
- Photoshop is the king of photo processing
- Could you describe a Pakistan without Karachi?
- Why does the pupil size decrease with age?
- Is It expensive to live in Maine
- Where can I get free architecture eBooks
- Who is the chairman of HDFC Bank
- Is NICMAR better than GICMAR
- How do I unlock my Amazon account
- Are you a real wrestling fan?
- What does netagiri mean
- Natural peanut butter should be refrigerated
- How Hanukkah was Americanized
- Is politics a science?
- Why did Machiavelli like Islam and Sharia
- What is used to connect railway lines
- What Christmas music is good for children
- Why is Kolhapur famous for Kolhapuri Chappal
- English words and Dutch are the same
- Which is better electrical engineering or CSE
- How popular was Shakespeare during his time