Anne Boleyn was a lesbian
London Dungeon: The famous horror cabinet
The London Dungeon opened in 1974 as the world's first dungeon (dungeon). At that time it was built below the "London Bridge Station". Today you can find it in the Bankside district, right on the Thames.
The London Dungeon is an exciting combination of a horror cabinet, history lessons with moments of fright, special effects and some rides.
On a tour of the city's dark halls and gloomy past, professional actors recreate scenes from the bloody stories of London (from 1536 to 1896).
The best-known themes include the times of the plague, the great fire and the misdeeds of Jack the Ripper. Light and sound effects, fog, elaborate costumes and backdrops underline the dark stories.
Today you can find famous dungeons in many big cities around the world. However, the original is in London.
The highlights at a glance
- "The Descent": Take the medieval elevator down to the depths of the London Dungeon
- "The Tyrant Boat Ride":Experience a boat trip across the Thames with Anne Boleyn, the unfortunate second wife of the tyrannical monarch Henry VIII
- "The City Gates": Get to know an apprentice executioner
- "The Torture Chamber": A brutal torturer demonstrates his tools and methods in a torture chamber
- "Guy Fawkes‘ Gunpowder Plot ":Experience the story of Guy Fawkes who planned an explosives attack on King James I.
- "The Plague Doctor":The black plague is on the rise! In the sewers of the underworld you will find the cause of the epidemic: rats!
- "Mrs Lovett’s Pie Shop", "Sweeney Todd’s": The secrets of the unique Mrs Lovett’s pies are revealed.
- "Miter Square", "Whitechapel Labyrinth":You will learn all about the unsolved Whitechapel murders. A serial killer is up to mischief. Escape the maze from Jack the Ripper.
- "The Ten Bells Pub": Learn all about the Jack the Ripper incident from Mrs. Waldren, a bartender and eyewitness
- "The big brand": Experience the events of September 2nd, 1666 up close - the fire in the bakery of a royal baker
- "Drop DEAD": In free fall it goes down into the depths.
- "A Great Escape": Jack Sheppard, the Escape King, escapes Newgate Prison
- „The Travers ": End your visit to a Victorian pub with a drink
Where can I find the London Dungeon?
The London Dungeon is located in the historic County Hall, directly across from the London Eye:
Address: Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Rd, Lameth, London SE1 7PB
Arrival by public transport
With the Visitor Travelcard you can use public transport in London. In tariff zone 1 (city center), the underground stations “Waterloo” and “Westminster” are in the immediate vicinity of the dungeon.
How long does the tour last
A guided tour takes about 90 minutes.
The waiting time is a maximum of 45 minutes
Do you have young children? The London Dungeon is suitable for families and smaller children.
Daily opening times:
Monday - Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (last tour)
Thursday: 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (last tour)
Friday: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (last tour)
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (last tour)
Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (last tour)
Extended opening times: last tour 6:00 p.m.
January 1st - 5th, 12th, 19th & 26th, February 2nd & 9th, March 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd & 30th;
April 27, May 4 - 6, May 11 & 18, June 8, 15 & 22, June 29 - July 23
September 7th, 14th, 21st & 28th, October 5th & 12th, November 9th, 16th, 23rd & 30th
December 7th & 14th
Extended opening times: last tour 7:00 p.m.
February 16-23, April 6-22, May 25 - June 01
July 24th - August 31st, October 19th - 24th, 27th - 30th
1st - 2nd November, 21st - 23rd, 27th - 30th December
Extended opening times: last tour 9:00 p.m.
October 25th & 26th, October 31st
Shortened opening times: last tour 3:00 p.m.
December 24th & 31st
Closed: 25 December
Click here for the London Dungeon tickets!
- What kind of SEO do you do
- What percentage is 29 out of 41
- Who are the top 15 sandalwood actresses
- Why is My Little Pony so popular
- Which are the best schools in Bhilai
- Which is your favorite Rabindra Sangeet Why
- What is a wireless receiver
- What was your happiest farewell
- People make money by trading options
- Why is my Barclaycard rejected?
- What year was Elton John knighted?
- What do doctors prescribe for melasma
- Got justice to OJ
- Why are you proud of your mother
- How could man continue to develop?
- How the menu Cheesecake Factory is determined
- Is this relationship reflexively symmetrical or transitive
- IELTS is required for a work permit in Canada
- Can I make ginger tea with Gari
- Why are so many people hostile to Islam?
- How did metals form?
- How do you develop good judgment
- Why do people like Egypt so much
- How do I live with a psychopath
- What is HEDP water treatment
- What is President Trump's Summer Reading List
- Does anyone have CDAC Sunbeam notes
- How to warm up fried catfish
- How did Michael Myers become Michael Myers
- What are the trend coats and suits
- Why did Adele sell so many albums
- Can Walmart reprint a receipt
- What supports the Rockies
- Why does nobody know who developed Bitcoin?