Eat pumpkin seeds whole
Pumpkin seeds are so healthy: good for blood pressure, prostate & psyche
Pumpkin seeds put you in a good mood. But the little vitamin bombs can do even more: They are good for your health. But not all pumpkin seeds are edible - some are even poisonous.
You can find out more about eating and drinking here
On the one hand, pumpkin seeds are very healthy, on the other hand, they are a delicious snack if you want to lose weight and stick to a low-carb diet. 100 grams of pumpkin seeds have around 560 calories, but the healthy fats, proteins of particularly high biological value and the density of nutrients make them a good alternative to chips and pretzel sticks.
What do pumpkin seeds contain?
The small edible seeds of the pumpkin are rich in nutrients that are important for the immune system, among other things. The phytohormones contained are supposed to prevent cardiovascular diseases. Pumpkin seeds are also rich in vitamin E, vitamin B1, B2, B6, vitamin C and vitamin D. On top of that, the dark green seeds contain magnesium, iron, zinc, selenium and phosphorus. Unsaturated omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, beta-carotene and important enzymes are also found in the pumpkin seeds.
The amino acid tryptophan it contains has a positive effect on mood as it promotes the production of serotonin. Phytosterols can lower cholesterol and counteract prostate and bladder problems.
Different shapes of pumpkin seeds
Pumpkin seeds are available to nibble, in powder form or as pumpkin seed extract in capsules. The latter is often recommended as a natural active ingredient against prostate problems, but should only be used as a cure after consulting a doctor.
Make a pumpkin seed snack yourself
If you hollow out a pumpkin for Halloween or while cooking soup, you shouldn't throw away the seeds, but rather process them. The roasted pumpkin seeds are a fine snack - and you can even make them yourself.
Dry the pumpkin seeds, cleaned from the pulp, with the skin in the sun or in the oven. Then the bowl can be opened more easily. For a delicious snack, you can then roast the green seeds and refine them with salt, chilli or spices. However, the thin outer skin of the kernels should not become too dark when roasting.
Pumpkin seeds: what is my daily ration and what else should I pay attention to?
If you don't want to do without the effects of pumpkin seeds from now on, you should still pay attention to a few things, for example how many pumpkin seeds can be consumed per day and from what age the power packs are tolerable at all:
- The recommended daily ration of pumpkin seeds is two to three tablespoons, i.e. about 30 grams, which can be eaten throughout the day. There is no overdose in this sense, however, when taking pumpkin seed extract, the recommended intake should be observed.
- Babies and toddlers shouldn't eat pumpkin seeds and other seeds too early as they could be swallowed whole. When children can safely consume the seeds depends on their individual eating behavior.
- Pumpkin seed bloating or constipation can sometimes occur, for example in people with irritable bowel syndrome.
- Pumpkin seeds without their peel should be stored in a dry, dark and cool place. Due to the high oil content, the kernels can go rancid after a while, which is why we recommend using them within three to four months.
- Caution: pumpkin seeds can be poisonous! Certain types of gourd are not suitable for consumption because they contain cucurbitacin. Their kernels are accordingly inedible. The pumpkin seeds from conventional pumpkin varieties such as Hokkaido, on the other hand, are harmless.
Sunflower or pumpkin seeds?
When shopping, the question often arises: Are sunflower or pumpkin seeds healthier? The simple answer: Both are healthy, rich in vitamin E and should ideally end up together on the daily menu. However, pumpkin seeds provide a little more protein and are lower in fat than sunflower seeds.
- Are people the only ways that laugh?
- Do plant cells have a plasma membrane
- Which active pharmaceutical ingredients are hygroscopic?
- How can I save from a telegram
- Is religion and alcoholism the same thing
- Can I do a BAMS course remotely?
- Will fire a Glock with no magazines
- What is John Williams famous for?
- Why don't social networks fight fake news
- Why are shoe toes pointing upwards
- How to make Indian Chicken Korma
- Is Google Adsense allowed in Islam
- Vietnam will legalize marijuana soon
- Why does the UK hate the EU?
- Will the Tesla company start making phones?
- What is the x-ray technology
- What is the horse's mane for?
- What happens to recycled motor oil
- Is there an essay for the 12th grade?
- What is the name of the group of birds
- How does autism affect the mind
- Have you ever been used by others?
- Where did Mary and Joseph live?
- Why did Egypt and Syria attack Israel?