How is angle iron cut
Saw: how to cut at an angle?
Miter or diagonally saw?
Miters are always used so that two parts can later be placed on top of each other at right angles. Both parts are mitred for this purpose. For this reason, it is absolutely clear that miters are always cut at an exact 45 ° angle (2 x 45 ° = 90 °).
Bevel cuts, on the other hand, can also be used in many other cases. The angles can be completely variable here.
Saw the miter by hand
The easiest way to do this is with a so-called miter box and a precision saw. The blade of the precision saw fits exactly into the slots in the miter box and is guided in it at an exactly 45 ° angle.
But there are also hand miter saws in which the complete saw can be set very precisely to an angle. Usual angles here are mostly:
This means that you can also make bevels at a different angle. Such saws are intended primarily for strips and squared timbers.
Machine miter sawing
In most cases there are not that many alternatives available in the household. The jigsaw is the worst possible, with a hand-held circular saw (€ 108.00 at Amazon *) it is rarely accurate.
A table saw (€ 179.90 at Amazon *) or a plunge-cut saw, which can also make very precise cuts (unlike the hand-held circular saw, which is intended more for rough work), are best suited for sawing mitres.
Cross-cut saws also only deliver very imprecise results and usually require several test cuts and precise adjustments until a correct miter is achieved.
If a board is not to be cut at an angle, but at an oblique angle, it is best to do this with a table saw and a cross stop.
With good circular saws, the angle can be set very precisely. Sawing an angled cut freehand is not recommended, as this can hardly be done exactly in practice without appropriate guidance.
* Affiliate link to AmazonHome »Renovating» Tools »Saw
- What will smartphones look like in 2050
- What is professionalism in the workplace
- Why don't birds wear clothes?
- If y 3 13 what is y
- How do I invade and conquer France
- Women are bald too
- What are the requirements for the manager
- Hate to eat ice cream
- What is there in space?
- How did you get your company product to market
- What is the goal of the stock market
- How many children did Bob Marley have
- Is India safe for tourists in 2019
- What is your favorite homemade pasta recipe
- How much is Udemy worth
- What is the story of Lord Shiva
- If the water softener lowers the TDS
- Why is the title attribute used in HTML
- How is multithreading different in Java
- Gross punishment is necessary in secondary school
- Bhoot FM June 1, 2018
- Does the back pressure affect the engine valves
- How did you learn web development 1
- Can equality exist without freedom