Which item can be used in front of the hospital
Clinic bag checklist: these things shouldn't be forgotten!
A stay in the hospital is a decisive experience for every patient - especially if an inpatient admission is required. This makes it all the more important to prepare well for a hospital stay - not just mentally, but also very practically. But especially in the emotionally upsetting days before a hospital stay, it is difficult to organize your thoughts and think of everything that is important. A checklist of everything that belongs in the clinic bag can be of great help.
Play it safe with the checklist
Before going to hospital, everything needs to be well thought out and organized. But it is not uncommon for factual considerations to be overlaid by personal concerns, which understandably have priority at the moment. Who will take care of the beloved dog? Will I get well again and will the upcoming procedure go well? It is often only during the stay in the clinic that it becomes apparent that important documents or your favorite book are missing. People who are in the hospital for the first time often find it difficult to put together everything they need for the days in the clinic. With a checklist you can be sure not to forget anything important and you can face the days in the clinic more relaxed.
Plan your journey well
The better the journey is planned, the less stressful it will be. You arrive without hectic and can prepare for your stay in the clinic in peace and quiet. If possible, choose your preferred means of transport. Since the length of the stay depends largely on the individual healing process, you should arrange the return date flexibly.
Arrange organizational matters before going to hospital
So that everything runs smoothly in your absence, it is important to organize the things of everyday life. Who takes care of animals and plants and who empties the mailbox? If you plan to stay in hospital for a longer period of time, you should think about bills to be paid and, if necessary, set up standing orders for running costs such as rent and telephone. It is also important to cancel any appointments and inform the neighbors of your absence.
to gather information
In order to be well prepared for your stay, you should find out in advance about visiting times and regulations such as the use of a mobile phone or laptop. Is there WiFi, can the cell phone be used within the clinic building? What about the room telephone and television?
Clinic bag checklist - this is what you need for your stay in the clinic
Clinic bag packing list also available as PDF download
Articles for personal hygiene
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, mug
- Towel, washcloth
- Soap, shampoo
- Deodorant, skin cream
- Hairbrush, comb, hair band, hair clips
- Hand mirror
- Nail file, nail brush
- Shaving utensils
- Paper handkerchiefs
- Tampons, sanitary towels, panty liners
- Dental prosthesis and storage container, cleaning tablets
Since the length of stay can increase depending on the healing process, you should be prepared for a slightly longer stay with toiletries and clothing.
- Glasses, glasses case, contact lenses, cleaner
- Hearing aid
- Walking stick, support stockings
Sleeping masks and ear plugs are a good option for making sleep more comfortable in unfamiliar surroundings.
Even though you are in a clinic, you should take your usual medication with you for the first few days. Of course, they should be taken in consultation with the attending clinician.
The feeling of being properly dressed in the hospital also contributes significantly to your well-being. However, the aspect of comfort should be in the foreground when choosing clothes.
- Bathrobe, nightgown or pajamas
- comfortable casual clothing
- Slippers with non-slip soles, sports shoes for physiotherapy
- Shoes for outside - for example for a walk in the hospital's own park
- Underwear, stockings
- Clothes for the day of discharge
Things of personal use
- Mobile phone and charging cable
- Laptop, DVDs, MP3 player with headphones
- Books and magazines
- Writing utensils
- Cash for small expenses (phone card, television, coffee machine)
- children’s favorite cuddly toy, toy, family photo
It is better to leave valuables, savings books, credit cards and the like at home, as clinics do not take any responsibility for them.
Documents for admission
To ensure that the registration formalities run as smoothly as possible, please have the following documents ready:
- Identification papers
- Insurance card from the health insurance company
- Referral from the doctor
- Declaration of the assumption of costs by the health insurance company
Documents for doctors and nursing staff
Make sure that the attending physician or surgeon has access to and knows all information about your medical history and any medication you have taken. You should therefore take all documents with you that can provide information on this. The more your doctor knows about your history, the easier your stay in the clinic will be.
- Documents about any previous findings
- List of medications taken with dosage - both prescription and over-the-counter
- Name and address of the attending physician and relatives
- Nursing contact details
- Pacemaker ID
- Marcumar pass for patients taking blood thinners
- Vaccination card
- Allergy pass
- Diabetic ID card
- Records of previous hospital stays
- Which country wrote the first company law
- How does Yipit want to make money
- What is equilibrium quantity in economy
- What are two examples of advocacy
- What are the best wide frequency headphones
- Can a rocket hit the moon
- What are the top 10 OSHA violations
- Why are there so many war films
- How professional painting can benefit you
- At which university did Dan Marino play football?
- Why is SRAM more expensive than DRAM
- Should I choose CSE at MAIT
- How many locations does Christ University have?
- What percentage of H1B owners are Indian?
- Why welding underwater is life-threatening
- What is the chemical name of Harpic
- Bank Clerk Assestment
- Do you want to be Neymar?
- How is anthropomorphism used in Greek mythology
- Which branch is the best in VIT Chennai
- Who are some of these K-pop idols
- Where can I practice the Java quiz
- Will Norway suffer from a hard Brexit?
- How are accidentals used in music theory
- What nicknames are there for Austin TX
- How do I cure pelvic pain naturally
- Are law firms publicly traded
- What is the bibliography format for websites
- What is Iron Maiden's most underrated song
- What did the first organism eat?
- Why are governments giving rescue packages
- What exists is not neurotic
- What are some of the benefits of daily writing
- How is skateboarding a sport?