Is homemade mochi better than bought in the store
The baking trend from Japan: Mochi
Mochi recipe and preparation
Mix the glutinous rice flour with the sugar and water until a smooth mixture is formed.
Put the mixture in a microwave-safe bowl and place in the microwave at approx. 800 watts for 3–5 minutes. The dough should be very sticky and noticeably firmer when you remove it.
Let the dough cool for about 10 minutes. Then sprinkle some flour over the work surface and roll out the dough. Sprinkle a little more flour over the dough if necessary. Cut pieces of the same size from the dough. If you don't want the mochi to have a filling, all you have to do now is form balls from the pieces.
For filled mochi, the rolled out dough must be cut into thin, square pieces of the same size. About a teaspoon of the respective filling is applied to each piece of dough. Fold the opposite corners around the filling and press into place. Repeat this with the other corners until the filling is enclosed. Then carefully shape into balls.
The mochi can now be eaten straight away or stored in the refrigerator.
Mochi filling: as you like
The classic: Anko - the sweet red bean paste
180g cooked azuki beans
2 tbsp sugar
1 pinch of salt
Put the cooked beans in a saucepan with sugar and salt. Add enough water to cover everything.
Bring to the boil, then simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until a creamy mass is formed. Then let it cool down.
Variation 2: peanut butter cream
4 tablespoons peanut butter
1 tablespoon agave syrup
Mix the peanut butter with the agave syrup and chill for half an hour.
Variant 3: pieces of fruit
Fruity mochis are particularly easy to prepare and popular. Simply cut up your favorite fruit and fill the rice cakes with it. With a dab of jam it will be a great taste experience!
Create your own mochi variations!
Anything is allowed for the filling! You can let your creativity run free, from coconut and vanilla cream to pieces of cookies to whole fruit.
- How does autism affect the mind
- How has your psychology degree served you?
- Can the moon explode?
- Why are bureaucracies resistant to change
- What makes Instagram unique
- Which is the cleanest fossil fuel 1
- What are the Melaleuca products
- What is reference dimensioning
- What is your interview experience with PGDBA 2019
- Is there a Sarahah ID finder
- Will the Doklam stalemate lead to war?
- What was the competitive advantage of Apple 2s
- Australia has an obesity crisis
- How is it in Qatar
- Which PhD program should I choose? Why
- How does an INTJ indicate an INFJ
- How will US policies affect India?
- How can I use CRM most effectively
- Is an MBA beneficial for civil engineers
- What singing techniques does Nevershout never use
- What program do naval vessels use
- Is Beto ORourke a narcissist
- 173 is prime
- What happens in each step of photosynthesis
- What is a registration
- Are intentional communities prone to failure
- What is the medical term of BSO
- Does Hipstamatic have a timer option Why
- Why is white white
- Where was your best meal
- What does Priyadarshini 1
- Can dogs eat oyster crackers?
- Girls like fat men