Why do people travel with pets
Tips for a vacation with the dog
For most pets such as rodents, cats or reptiles, staying in a strange place means a lot of stress. In most cases it is therefore better if these pets are not taken on vacation with you, but instead are looked after by friends or neighbors at home. Dogs, however can, may and want to travel with their people. There are only certain cases where it is better not to take them with you on vacation:
- young puppies that have yet to get used to (in this case, as the owner, you should also stay at home until your dog has got used to you and his new home)
- old and frail dogs for whom traveling would be unnecessary stress
- Dogs that have just been or are sick
The advantages of traveling together with the dog
A trip together ensures exciting experiences and thus strengthens the relationship between humans and dogs. The biggest advantage is that you don't have to let someone else look after your dog when you are out and about. As a rule, the dog misses its human being very much and it is difficult for them to relax in this knowledge.
Anyone who travels with their dog inevitably takes more contact with his environment because the dog has to go outside. This gives you new impressions that you might otherwise miss.
Are there any disadvantages to vacationing with a dog?
Traveling with a dog also has restrictions:
- limited choice of travel destinations
- not all accommodations accept dogs
- Dog cannot be left alone in the hotel room
Relaxing briefly in the wellness area in the evening or going to the restaurant without a dog is therefore a shame. In addition, you have to plan the time that is needed for the Gas laps is essential. This can mean additional stress, especially on a business trip.
Traveling with the dog: car, train or plane?
You have to travel with your dog carefully considered be. In principle, a trip by car or train is recommended:
- In the arriving by car is one flexible and can any breaks insert. These are important for the dog, because he needs exercise in between and the opportunity to do his business.
- In the Travel by train you have to go for the breaks adapt to the travel times of the train. Dogs should also be used to crowds and noisy environments when traveling by train.
Air travel is associated with considerable stress for dogs and should be possible avoided become. But sometimes it has to be the plane because otherwise you won't get to the desired location. Then you can desensitize the dog by getting used to the background noise (there are videos on YouTube). The easiest way to get there is in your own car.
Find the right accommodation with your dog
Of course, a dog feels most comfortable in the mountains, on the Baltic or North Sea and in a beautiful forest area. At these holiday destinations there are usually many accommodations that dogs not only tolerate, but dogs too welcome are. There are many booking sites on the internet that specifically dog-friendly accommodations to offer.
But sometimes the journey also leads to the city. In this case, the dog is also happy to be there, but the search for accommodation is sometimes more difficult. However, there are usually numerous options. In the "a & o hostels", for example, dogs and other pets are welcome everywhere, as long as they are not too big or exotic. Therefore, you should definitely bring your dog in advance, regardless of the accommodation register and get approved.
Tips for a vacation with your dog
Most accommodations have rules of conduct for dogs that you should adhere to. Inquire in advance what the specific rules are in your accommodation. You can use the following tips as a guide:
- Even if your dog is allowed to sleep in bed at home, it is better not to do so on vacation. The hair stays in bed, which can be very annoying for the guests after you, especially one allergy. Take the familiar dog basket from homewith, then your dog will feel right at home. If there is no other way, be sure to bring one own bed linen With!
- Take your dog's usual food and favorite toys with you so that he can feel comfortable quickly.
- Beach, pool and wellness areas For hygienic reasons, dogs are usually not allowed to enter. Often there are extra in the area Dog beaches. The hotel staff will certainly be able to provide you with information.
- Let your dog not alone in the room. If he gets nervous in the unfamiliar environment, something can break or he pees in the room. Loud whimpering and barking can also disturb the other guests.
- Guide your dog in the property's common areas ropeeven if he's well behaved.
- Keep your dog away from the buffet!
- Often there are also restrictions on that Number of dogs per room. Usually one or two dogs are allowed per room. Find out more in advance!
Traveling abroad with the dog
In general, no matter where you travel with your dog, you should all necessary papers have along. This primarily includes the European pet passport, but also a Health certificate or vaccination certificate. Depending on which city or country you are traveling to, you also have to rely on different ones local conditions to adjust:
- In many German cities there is Leash compulsory.
- Dogs are often only allowed to certain beaches get picked up. Often there are extra dog beaches.
- Anyone who travels to another EU country will lose a fresh one Rabies vaccination and sometimes one Treatment against worms not around.
- A chip is actually always required.
- In some countries the importation of certain breeds is not allowed. Denmark, for example, has a long list of types classified as dangerous.
- In Italy every dog has to have one muzzle to have.
- In Sweden, dogs entering the country must be inch be registered.
A detailed list of entry requirements for dogs can be found here. Those who travel outside the EU often have to comply with even more detailed regulations.
Hotel, holiday apartment or camping?
There are different types of accommodation, each with their advantages and disadvantages:
At a Holiday apartment or one Holiday home is an advantage that you undisturbed and have more space than in a hotel room. Especially with a holiday home there is often a garden what your dog is guaranteed to be happy about. However, dogs are not generally allowed at holiday homes! Inquire thoroughly in advance and ask the provider!
A hotel has the advantage that the staff is very familiar with the area and can give you valuable tips for trips with the dog. With a holiday apartment you are on your own. The clear disadvantages of the large hotel are many other guests and the relatively small rooms. If you choose a hotel, it should definitely have an outdoor area for dogs, such as a dog meadow.
There are also many alternatives, especially in near-natural surroundings smaller pensionsthat only accept a few guests, but have large garden areas where the dog can let off steam.
The camping offers a good opportunity to vacation with the dog, because it is usually very close to nature and therefore well suited for dogs. However, there are also rules on campsites that dog owners must adhere to!
- How many people voted for Obama?
- How the trend in interior design is developing
- How can someone inspire you
- Are conservatives suppressed on college campuses?
- What exactly happens in Oculus
- Where do I connect the third wire
- What is the function of coke
- Why is the Sambhar lake salty
- Where can I buy a Word notebook
- Is Python future proof
- What are the main criticisms of postmodernism
- Which films could not be made today?
- How can I get rid of the madness of the mind
- Which is better Android Studio or Kotlin
- How grateful you are for this harvest festival
- Are placements in the DTU good
- What happens in the ultrasound
- Are all surds irrational
- Have you tried Quuu?
- Is going to school really that important?
- Has anyone been recruited by the Illuminati?
- What is cementation
- What should be the fastest speed limit
- How am I supposed to avoid arguing with fools?