How was the LHC funded
The community of German particle physics
Group picture with Chancellor: Angela Merkel visits German scientists at CERN.
In summer 2008, the Large Hadron Collider LHC was put into operation at CERN, the European research center for particle physics in Geneva. The LHC is the most powerful particle accelerator ever built. Physicists from all over the world are analyzing the particle collisions at the LHC and are hoping to gain fundamentally new insights into the formation and composition of our universe.
Funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research BMBF, Germany was instrumental in the planning, construction and financing of the LHC from the start. German scientists from universities and non-university research institutes work in all research teams at the LHC. These websites present the LHC project, its physical goals and the German contributions.
Germany and the LHC
All universities and research centers in Germany that conduct particle physics research.
The community of particle and nuclear physicists is spread all over Germany. Physicists from many German universities conduct research at the LHC, and there are also research centers of the Helmholtz Association and the Max Planck Society. The particle physicists have come together in the Committee for Elementary Particle Physics KET, the nuclear physicists in the Committee for Hadron and Nuclear Physics KHuK.
But the researchers also organize themselves according to the subject areas in which they work - after all, more than 1200 German researchers are involved in the LHC. In each case, those who work on one of the four large LHC experiments - ALICE, ATLAS, CMS and LHCb, have joined forces, but theoretical physics has also founded a network.
LHC research in Germany is mainly financed by the BMBF through so-called research priorities (FSP). The Helmholtz alliances "Physics at the Teraskala" and "ExtreMe Matter Institute EMMI" also play an important role. One of their goals is to network the basic research taking place at the LHC in Germany and to bundle expertise in this area.
- Keto Diet Yes or No 1
- What is the unit of G g
- How does Huel taste
- Which level of education is most important
- Should beat Pewdiepie by the T-Series
- Can you learn to wiggle your ears
- Is it unhealthy to eat shrimp shells?
- Is the NMAT book enough to crack NMAT
- HUBs create an internal network
- How does Guru Gita begin
- How does a nitrogen system work
- What is the future of machining
- The angular acceleration results from which acceleration
- Where did QNET start
- How does an output transformer work
- How do I use Mockito
- How can the government improve small businesses
- Where is the ego
- What's your rating of Dandeli
- Is 50 Mbps slow internet in India
- ACs decrease the quality of sleep when they are on
- What is reference dimensioning
- The brain can spontaneously stop functioning
- What is na sharu in Russian