Why is home cooking healthier
People who cook for themselves have healthier diets. This is what researchers at John Hopkins University in Baltimore found out in a study.
What the scientists found: Those who cooked at home several times a week consumed less sugar, fat and calories than people who cooked regularly at home. In figures, this means: eight percent of the people examined who only used a wooden spoon for their dinner once a week, or even less often, consumed 2,301 kcal, 84 grams of fat and 135 grams of sugar on an average day. The 48 percent who cooked themselves six to seven times at home, on the other hand, consumed only 2164 kcal, 81 grams of fat and 119 grams of sugar on an average day.
The researchers also found that home cookers eat frozen food less often and go to fast food restaurants less often. The results, according to the researchers, are independent of whether the respondents wanted to lose weight or not. Even if those who wanted to lose weight consumed fewer calories overall than the other respondents - regardless of whether they cooked at home.
Whether or not you cook at home is obviously linked to the time you spend at home. According to the study, those who work outside the home for more than 35 hours are less likely to cook for themselves.
Strategies that encourage people to cook
For their investigation, the researchers Julia A. Wolfson and Prof. Dr. Sara N. Blaich analyzed the nutritional behavior of a good 9,500 adults aged 20 years and older in the United States. The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey from 2007 to 2010 served as the basis. Based on their observations, the researchers advocate developing strategies to encourage people to cook for themselves. Those who (have to) eat out frequently should be made aware of healthy eating.
- Why are computer science degrees required
- What is meant by Google Keyword Planner
- What is myoelectric control
- How are AAA video game graphics created
- Was there serfdom outside of Europe?
- Why is terahertz radiation blocked by water?
- What do you think of Volvos
- What is the name of two pictures in one
- How do I become a freelance musician
- When is the NDA 2 2018
- How do I join Indian Customs
- What's the best way to cum
- Can scientists build a time machine?
- Is there really a leaky gut
- What credit cards are accepted in Greece
- How do you pray fervently
- What are the types of basmati rice
- Why YouTube often recommends old videos
- Why are Americans so anti-union
- What are educational standards
- Group buying is successful in the Philippines
- What does so called mean
- Will survive my marriage
- How can chemists explain human emotions
- Gone with the wind is worth reading
- Is there witness protection
- How to solve 7x 2 3x
- At what point does your fantasy end
- What is Bittrex 1
- Is it creepy to post anonymously?
- What are the top 10 OSHA violations
- Is Poland democratic
- Which one is UNC or UNF preferred