What is 1 5th of 25th
Converting fractions and decimals
bettermarks »Math book» Numbers »Decimal numbers and decimal fractions» Basics of decimal numbers »Converting fractions and decimal numbers
In these explanations you will learn how to convert a fraction to a decimal number and a decimal number to a fraction.
Converting fractions with the denominators 10, 100, 1000, ... into decimal numbers
Fractions with a power of ten (10, 100, 1000, ...) in the denominator can be easily converted into a decimal number.
Convert fractions to decimal numbers by expanding the denominator to 10, 100, 1000, ...
Fractions that have, for example, 2, 4, 5, 8, 20, 25, 125 or a multiple of 10 in the denominator can be expanded or reduced to a power of ten (10, 100, 1000, ...) in the denominator. Then you convert it to a decimal number.
Converting decimals to fractions
You can easily convert all decimal numbers with a small number of decimal places into fractions. To do this, you have to convert them, depending on the number of their decimals, into fractions with powers of ten (10, 100, 1000, ...) in the denominator. Sometimes you can then shorten these fractions.
Frequently used fractions in decimal notation
For some fractions, you should know the decimal notation by heart:
- What is FEMA Flood Insurance
- What security check at the airport amazed you
- Why are shoe toes pointing upwards
- What is the function of the converter
- How can democracy return to Egypt
- Will photography be replaced by AI?
- Can a Fresh Infosys Jaipur DC join
- Why we need Unicode instead of ASCII
- Why are first loved ones so strong
- Where is the Mandrill server located
- Who invented the webcam?
- Photoshop is the king of photo processing
- What's the last thing you memorized
- What makes school life irritating
- Are Sonicare toothbrushes worth it
- How do I cover up links in Instagram
- Why does Justin Trudeau have false eyebrows?
- What is symbolic constant
- Complex numbers can be negative
- How does pasteurization kill bacteria on milk
- Are tonsils and adenoids important
- What does apple cider vinegar help with
- How are scientific models used
- Deadly is a stray dog scratching nails