What cars have GPS built
How to find out if the car has a GPS tracker
Bug Detectors / GPS Detectors / Electric Sweepers
Many GPS tracker manufacturers also sell detectors for GPS transmitters. These recognize cell phone networks such as GSM, GPRS, EDGE or GPS. To use these devices, take it in hand and move it around the car. When it receives such a radio signal, it will start beeping and vibrating to confirm that there is a GPS tracker there. The closer you are to the tracker, the more the device will beep. The problem with these devices is that they don't always work. Many trackers have a standby function that only activates them when the car is moving. These tracking devices can only receive the signal from some trackers when the car is moving.
Call an expert
If you are absolutely certain that you are being followed and you still cannot find a tracker, then perhaps you should seek professional help. Tracking a car is illegal, exceptions only exist for owners of a car who want to locate their own vehicle.
For example, it could be that a car is being tracked that is used by the husband and wife together, or that the adult children are using the car. There is nothing wrong with consulting a lawyer because whoever is tracking your car is likely to be committing a criminal offense.
Auto mechanics who focus on electrical systems can help you see if your car is being tracked. Furthermore, it can be advisable to employ a private detective, they are often familiar with stalking and similar crimes and know exactly where to hide such a transmitter.
Pro tips for controlling your car
- The visual and manual inspection should take place in a well-lit location.
- Keep at least one basic set of tools handy, including a jack for inspecting the underbody.
- You should disconnect from your car's battery when using the electrical system unless charging tests are performed.
GPS tracker found - now what?
As you can see, most of the locations can be checked quickly and easily. Once you have found a GPS tracker, we will explain how you can best protect yourself. Don't just disconnect the device from the car to avoid setting off an alarm. Most of the time, it is not even possible to disconnect the device without triggering a warning on the server receiving data from the sender.
Some trackers also have batteries that keep transmitting for up to 8 hours after being disconnected. The bigger the battery, the longer the transmitter will work. Some transmitters also have a "towing alarm" which is triggered if the car is moved without the ignition on. Please also note that trackers have a replacement SIM, which sends at less frequent intervals when the power is gone or the first SIM has been removed.
The only way to remove the tracker from the car without triggering an alarm is to power the tracker when it is removed from the vehicle.
- Find out the power consumption of the device. Mostly this is between 4 and 30V, most devices are designed to work in this range.
- Obtain an equivalent power source, for example if your car battery is 8 volts, obtain an auxiliary 8 volt battery. This allows you to power the tracker, plug it in next to the other plug to get 16 volts. Make sure you stay within the tolerance.
- Disconnect the car from the tracker and make sure the tracker is connected to the auxiliary battery. The power supply on the tracker should now be 8V. Remove the tracker and its antennas while it is connected to the auxiliary battery.
Now you can place the GPS tracker anywhere where it would have GPS reception without triggering any alarms. The tracker will now indicate that the car is parked where you placed the GPS tracker, while your car is actually somewhere else.
- What is a compulsory disadvantage 1
- How are lasers used to measure temperature
- How does chloroform destroy cell membranes
- Is Swiggy successful
- Who was Muhammad Ali
- Can an astronaut visit other planets
- How is your stay in Pune
- What is your love in korean
- What is a huge fund
- Why are monarch butterflies important
- When does IPL end
- What is good plaster of paris or sand
- Which countries control the freedoms
- Can a retiree get a standard deduction
- Which tags are used in Javadoc
- How can email marketing catalyze your business
- How much do payday loans cost
- What does a historical linguist do
- What is the minimum credit score
- Can adopt a stepparent
- What are easy recipes for students
- What is gene regulation
- What is a moderate republican
- Have you heard convincing evidence of reincarnation?