How is a Billroth II operation performed
Partial gastrectomy with Billroth II resection and alternative methods
Gastric surgery pp 50-70 | Cite as
Partial gastric resection means resection of the distal 50–80% of the stomach and closure of the duodenal stump. The gastrointestinal passage is restored by a gastrojejunostomy. Since the original Billroth method, a large number of different reconstruction options have been given. All forms of distal gastric resection with gastrojejunostomy are summarized under the umbrella term Billroth II reconstruction.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Becker HD, Peiper H-J (1977) Gastric ulcer. Thieme, StuttgartGoogle Scholar
- Bsteh O (1933) Technique for resecting deep-seated duodenal ulcers. Langenbecks Arch KIM Chir 175: 114Google Scholar
- Bsteh O (1952) The ulcer disease of the stomach and its surgical problems, 2nd edition Mandrich, DüsseldorfGoogle Scholar
- Clark CG (1983) Partial gastrectomy. In: Smith R (ed) Operative surgery, 4th ed, vol 11. Butterworth, London, pp 232-251Google Scholar
- Gohrbandt E (1933) On the technique of duodenal closure. Zentralbl Chir 60: 1815Google Scholar
- Grill W, Widok K (1962) On the technique of duodenal stump closure. Surgeon 33: 232Google Scholar
- Holle F (1968) Special gastric surgery. Springer, Berlin Heidelberg New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Menguy R (1976) Surgery of peptic ulcer. Major Probl Clin Surg, vol. XVIII. Saunders, PhiladelphiaGoogle Scholar
- Nissen R (1933) Resection of the deep-seated duodenal ulcer. Zentralbl Chir 60: 483Google Scholar
- Schreiber HW (1969) stomach including duodenal ulcer. In: Baumgartl F, Kremer K, Schreiber HW (Hrsg) Special Surgery for Practice, Vol II. Thieme, Stuttgart, S 108–194Google Scholar
- Shackelfort RT, Zuidema GD (1981) Surgery of the alimentary tract. 2nd ed, vol 2: Gastric resection and reconstruction. Saunders, Philadelphia, pp 287-367Google Scholar
- Siewert JR (1981) Surgical therapy of uncomplicated gastric ulcer. In: Allgöwer M et al. (Ed) Surgical gastroenterology. Springer, Berlin Heidelberg New York, pp. 436-450Google Scholar
Authors and Affiliations
There are no affiliations available
- What is foil screen printing
- How many songs are 50MB
- What are the disadvantages of the blackboard
- Do you like the Green Bay Packers
- How is my TOK essay
- How did Yahoo die
- How can I download the catia v5 software?
- On what basis are Twitter accounts checked
- When do you really long for some time to yourself?
- What are the disadvantages of mathematical logic
- What is reference dimensioning
- What nicknames are there for Austin TX
- What is a JVM language
- Donald Trump's impeachment is inevitable
- What are the top 10 disabilities
- Was religion good for you?
- The financial impact of Brexit has been exaggerated
- How many Smithsonian museums are there
- What is Prescott AZ known for
- What is Jquery UI Draggable
- How do you engage your colleagues
- What advantage does Aurora have over RDS?
- Can I do a BAMS course remotely?
- Why is hydrogen similar to alkali metals