What would happen if all advertising stopped?
What would happen if the moon was gone?
Without the moon we would not have reliable seasons. Because the moon stabilizes the earth's axis. If it did not exist, the earth's axis would go into a strong tailspin every few million years. With devastating effects on the climate. Researchers have calculated: without the moon, the earth's axis could occasionally tilt by almost 90 degrees. Then the North Pole could very quickly be in the tropics, and that would mean: Every half of the earth would have blazing sun for half a year, followed by a cold, darkest night for half a year. The moon, on the other hand, holds the earth's axis somewhat in position, so that such extreme conditions cannot exist.
Without the moon, the continents might still be inanimate and all life would take place in the sea. Because the moon brings us ebb and flow, and thus also the floodplains on the coast, in the transition between water and land. Large areas that are flooded twice a day and dry out in between. These transition areas played an important role in evolution: this is where the amphibians developed, which later crawled further and further ashore and from which lizards, dinosaurs and mammals eventually developed. Without the moon, the ebb and flow would be much weaker, and all these floodplains would not have existed in this form.
The days would be shorter without the moon. Today it takes the earth 24 hours to turn once on itself. In the early days of the earth it spun four times as fast. Accordingly, a day lasted only 6 hours. It was the moon that slowed the earth down: Due to the tides it triggers, the ebb and flow of the tide, and all this sloshing back and forth on the earth, the earth is constantly losing its rotational energy and as a result turns slower.
Without the moon it would not only be dark at night, but pitch black, every night. Only the stars could light our way. In other words...
Without the moon the earth would be somehow more lonely, so without companions. And the sad thing about the story: The moon is moving away from us, every year it drifts 4 cm further out into space. One day in the distant future he will be so far gone that there will be no more total lunar eclipses.
- Do you like or dislike Rajasthani's paintings
- All banks can accept the Demat account
- Who really needs probiotics and prebiotics
- Why do drugs have an expiration date
- Rejects Amity students
- What are some free offline android games
- What is the real logic behind the research
- Why drinking is forbidden in Islam
- What are cybercrime and laws
- Why is hardened out for 28 days
- How was your Umrah experience
- Can rabbits eat banana peels
- What is the difference between flops and mips
- How did you give yourself the opportunity
- Adobe Photoshop is good
- Why does Justin Trudeau have false eyebrows?
- How do I merge branches in GitHub
- What was your happiest farewell
- Is a 5 cm lung tumor
- Why is a bond premium written off
- Why is Jharkhand less industrialized
- Why are we submitting a GSTR 3B
- Why should we prefer Scilab
- What does oath mean