Arthritis occurs at a young age
Rheumatism in children
The aim of the therapy is to resolve joint inflammation and restricted mobility as quickly as possible so that there is no permanent damage to joints or organs or growth disorders. Several therapies are appropriate:
Drug therapy is important. Treatment for juvenile idiopathic arthritis usually begins with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). The cortisone-free drugs relieve pain, reduce inflammation and lower fever. After a short time. In some cases, doctors also inject a cortisone-containing crystal suspension into the joint to fight the inflammation. In contrast to local treatment, caution is advised with systematic cortisone therapy (with tablets or as an infusion). High doses should only be used in severe illnesses.
What if NSAIDs aren't enough? Then children receive so-called basic medication, which should bring the disease to a standstill. One of the drugs of choice is methotrexate (MTX) - a drug from cancer therapy, which, however, is dosed 1000 times lower. It can be taken as a tablet or injected under the skin. Once a week. Should MTX not be enough, biologics can come into play. These drugs block inflammatory messengers (e.g. the tumor necrosis factor alpha = TNF-alpha or certain interleukins), or slow down the inflammatory process, which drives immune cells.) Important: Only doctors who specialize in children's rheumatism should initiate basic therapies.
Physiotherapy also relieves tension in the muscles and strengthens them, thus relieving the joints. In occupational therapy, children learn how to cope with everyday life in a way that is as gentle on their joints as possible. And pain therapy is used to cope with the pain. Diet can also have a positive effect on rheumatism. A varied diet with fresh fruit, vegetables and whole grain products is advisable.
- Is the existence of other universes falsifiable
- How can I download videos from IMBC
- What is the diagnosis of ketoacidosis
- Know a basic French language
- What do software automation engineers do
- Why is 60 Hertz harmful to humans?
- What will the USA get from Turkey
- Sweat whales and dolphins
- How is the consultation actually carried out
- How can I understand the google search process
- What is the reality of IQ Option
- What are the best styles of summer clothes
- How grateful you are for this harvest festival
- Why am I so afraid of rejection
- Is Scientology the religion of the rich
- How do Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc differ?
- How do I calculate i i
- Which is better Airtel Vodafone or Idea
- What is fall racing
- What is Reynobond PE cladding
- What do FIFA coins cost
- Teamwork is a word
- Has anyone used Harbortouch POS
- What does single daily dose mean
- What is a dual bit map
- Should America tax energy use
- Are hoverboards real
- Metaphysics Why does the world exist
- Why did Trump win the election
- What are the best packing cubes available
- How do jewelers take out loans
- Why is miso soup cloudy
- What is a good alternative to Nuclino