How can I best thank my mentor
Sayings of thanks: 80 beautiful sayings + 10 tips for saying thanks
“Thank you” - small word, big effect. It's actually quite simple. Still, many find it difficult to say thank you. Sometimes out of pride. Sometimes out of shame. Sometimes the right words are missing. The thank-you sayings should ultimately correspond to the occasion, not appear slimy, intrusive or exuberant, but sincere and come from the heart. The difficult balancing act succeeds with the following thank-you sayings. If you want to say thank you in a special way, you will find loving sayings of thanks and thanks for every occasion here. You can of course also print the sayings and examples on high-quality thank you cards. The main thing is that they come from and go to the heart ...
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
➠ Content: This is what awaits you
Correctly say thank you: 4 simple tips
No matter what: Ideally, you would like to say thank you within 48 hours - in person, by phone or with a short thank you card. In this way, the thank you is more immediate, more spontaneous and more authentic. The four basic rules for saying thank you are simple:
- Remain authentic
You can save yourself thanks that does not come from the heart. Be honest, not gushing. Those who sincerely thank themselves make themselves small and gain in size in the process.
- Thank you personally
Ideally, you should always say thank you in person. The effect is greater than via SMS or email. Plus, it feels more sincere.
- Get specific
Be specific about what you thanked for. Please don't make endless speeches. One or two sentences are enough. This is how the recipient knows that you know what he or she has done.
- Give time
Saying thank you is not something to be done quickly or on the side. Take your time for this. Pay full attention to your counterpart and let the thank you reverberate.
What do you write as a thank you?
Thank you cards not only written after a wonderful wedding. The “thank you” for the support, the numerous congratulations and gifts are part of the good form. You can also send thank-you notes and cards in other ways. Everyone is happy about that - at any time. Receiving a thank you card shows that we did something right and that others noticed. What a sublime feeling! And so easy to give away ... Show your gratitude - in words or deeds.
The best sayings of thanks for cards and letters
- D - you are just great!
A - Working with you is the most fun!
N - You never gave up courage!
K - Sure, you were always there for me!
E - Honestly, I just want to say "thank you" to you!
- “Thank you for your smile in the morning.
Thanks, I'm worried for your advice.
Thank you for laughing at yourself too.
And make me happy again and again. "
- “Sometimes it takes a thousand words.
Sometimes you visit 1000 places.
Sometimes you talk about the bush.
And sometimes the words only need three:
Thank you so much!"
- “Thank you for many wonderful hours.
Thank you for days of light.
Thank you for being my muse with your smile. "
- "THANK YOU for all the little miracles of everyday life that have become reality through you."
- “Merci, for the open ear.
Thanks for the kind words.
Thanks for the helping hand. "
- “The years have passed so quickly.
Together we've gone far
have seen and laughed a lot.
I look back gratefully on the way with you,
you are my very best luck. "
- “Thank you. You know what for.
It would be too much to mention everything now.
Just THANK YOU for knowing each other. "
- “It is time for gratitude to take wing and to make its way to you: I say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. To you. Your help. Your time."
- "Thanks for the many little things,
that make my life easier.
Thank you for thinking of me
and guide me through my everyday life.
Even if you think I don't notice:
Thank you for everything, I think of you! "
- “The magic word everyone knows. But don't always call them by name. This is what I want to say to you today: It means "Thank you" - and it comes from me. "
- “We often talk about the bush.
The most important thing is not there.
But today it's different
today I'll tell you:
You are so wonderful.
I thank you."
- “Not the lucky ones are grateful. It is the grateful who are happy. I am very happy - thanks to you! "
Thank you for your birthday
Receiving congratulations and gifts makes you happy. Especially when the giver - recognizably - has made an effort and thought. Ingenuity, creativity and imagination convey appreciation. Extraordinary congratulations are more than a souvenir: they are a message that comes from the heart. And that demands a heartfelt “thank you” to the well-wishers. To thank you in style for the good wishes, you will find thank-you notes for congratulations and gifts with which you will touch the heart of the anniversary:
- "Thank you very much for your birthday card. Your wonderful words touched me deeply. This birthday will stay in my memory for a long time. "
- “A big thank you for coming to my birthday party. You made it a special evening. Thank you for your individual gift too. I really appreciate the thoughts that go into it. "
- "I was very happy about your heartfelt birthday wishes. They mean a lot to me and I will remember them for a long time. "
- “Thank you for being there for my birthday yesterday. That made it a very special day. Many people have congratulated me - but your birthday wishes are particularly valuable to me. "
- “Thank you very much for thinking of me on my birthday. Well, got a year older again! Time - it's running. And yet I am very grateful to go along this path with you. Maybe that's why time goes by so quickly ... "
- “It's nice that you exist and that you were there - on my birthday. Thank you for your wonderful words, which lingered on for a long time. You are a real gift to me from everyone. "
- “I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your congratulations and your great gift. You couldn't ask for more. I'm still really happy ... Thank you! "
- “Your wonderful words for my birthday were not only a pleasure for me - they are also an incentive and encouragement for me and the coming year of life. From the heart: Thank you for that! "
- “I would like to thank you for the loving preparation and support on my birthday. That means more to me than any gift - thank you! "
- “The best guests came to my birthday party. They brought gifts that I like to think of. But you were the best for the festival. It remains an unforgettable birthday. Thanks!"
Thank you for colleagues
At work, you give each other a hand and work together towards success. Even if everyone is paid for it, this cannot be taken for granted. You should therefore show your colleagues again and again that you value the helping hand. Sometimes a friendly message via email or Whatsapp is enough. If someone has done you a great favor, invested a lot of time, effort, and work, you should definitely say thank you personally. Unusual formulations, great sayings, profound quotes are not needed for colleagues in everyday work. It is better to say clearly and directly that you are grateful:
- “Thank you for your active support over the past few weeks. I couldn't have done this without your help. You really have something good with me! "
- “My gratitude knows no bounds: You pulled me out of the mess when you stepped in for me at short notice. Without your help, I would no longer see any country. "
- “I hope you know that I won't take your help for granted. It is not. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support. "
- “I wanted to say thank you because you have supported me several times over the past few weeks and have advanced my ideas. That meant a lot to me and was very helpful. "
- “I really appreciate your helping me. Many Thanks!"
- "Thank you that I can always rely on you."
- "I just wanted to say thank you for your support in my project."
- “We were only able to implement the project so successfully together. You have made a significant contribution to this. For this - at this point: Thank you very much! "
- “What would I do in my job without you? Thank you so much!"
- “I don't even know how to thank you. I'll try anyway: It means a lot to me that you took over at such short notice. Thanks."
- “Thank you for your active support. Without your commitment everything would have had to be postponed. These flowers are meant to be a small gesture of thanks and attention. "
Thank you for friends and family
Thank you not only at work. Especially and especially among lovers, good friends or family, you should regularly show that you are grateful and for what. You can certainly incorporate more emotions than in the professional environment:
- "I am so thankful that you exist. I enjoy every day with you! "
- “I can't tell you how much your help means to me. I can always count on you. Many Thanks!"
- “What would I do if I didn't have you? I just wanted to say thank you for everything you've done lately. "
- “You pretend it's not a big deal, but it is to me! Thank you for everything!"
- “Thank you for standing by me, even if it wasn't always easy. Your friendship means more to me than I can say. "
- “I can't imagine what my life would be like without you. Even if words are not enough, I wanted to at least say THANK YOU. "
- “You and I - we just belong together. For the time together, the fun and every smile that you put on my face: Thank you. "
Sayings of thanks for goodbye
You never go so completely. The last words to say goodbye usually still echo. A stylish finish doesn't even need a lot or big words. One to three sentences is enough if you express your heartfelt gratitude for a great time together. Whether you are looking for sayings to say goodbye to a colleague or a few words of farewell in general: Here you will find a small selection of how to say thank you in perfect form when saying goodbye ...
- “You always collect the best memories together. Thank you for this wonderful day together. "
- "Thanks for coming. The time with you was - as always - beautiful and intense. I hope we can do that again soon. "
- “Thank you for inviting me to your party. It was a wonderful festival. I really enjoyed the time and now I wish you a good time with wonderful memories. I would be happy if you visit me again ... "
- “I would like to thank you warmly for the pleasant neighborhood and the considerate coexistence. It was a wonderful time in this company and environment. "
- “Thank you for stopping by. That surprised me and at the same time did me very good. I hope we'll see you again soon."
- “Time flies, memory never. There are moments that cannot be put into words. Just feel. Thank you very much for a great time together. "
- “A wonderful day is behind us. I thank you for the many congratulations, the good advice and wonderful gifts. You made a splendid contribution to the success and made this day unforgettable. For this I would like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. "
- "Many thanks for the invitation. It was really nice at your place. To say goodbye, I wish you a nice evening, all the best and hope to see you again soon! "
- “It's a shame that you have to go already. Thank you for taking your time and making the evening so beautiful. I wish you a safe and safe journey home! "
Funny thank you notes
It doesn't always have to be deadly serious. Thank-you notes can also be garnished with a wink, humor or a dash of sarcasm and irony. It is only important that the other person can assess the message and share the same sense of humor. Otherwise the funny sayings tend to have the opposite effect. The funny thank-you sayings are not intended to ridicule the thank you, but rather - in suitable situations - to take away the seriousness of its meaning.
- “I just wanted to say thank you, mom. You made a really great child out of me. "
- “You embarrassed me in front of friends, spied on me and taught me a lot of patience. I know I should be grateful to you for that. Unfortunately you are my smartphone! "
- “Thank you for letting me call you at three o'clock last night. I really didn't mean to disturb, but I just couldn't sleep. You won't either. "
- “Thanks for persuading me to go out last night. The severe hangover, the excessive overdraft facility and the criminal complaint were worth it! "
- “Say thank you with a poem
is actually not an obligation.
But rhymes make a difference
and also impress a lot more. "
- “You can keep your Euronen, the EU doesn't even want to manage it. I would, however, thank you for a piggy bank full of francs. "
- “Thank you for always trying so hard when cooking. I appreciate the effort. "
Free download: Thank you notes and quotes
Say thank you - but in style. You can download an extensive list and collection of sayings and quotes to say thank you as a PDF for free.
Download the thank-you notes
What's the best way to say thank you?
In German, five forms are common as an expression of gratitude:
- Thanks! (short)
- Thank-you! (cordially)
- Thank you very much! (formally)
- Many thanks! (old-fashioned)
- Thank you for ... (introductory)
Often a gift or gesture precedes thanks. There are many good reasons why one can and should thank them:
- thanks for your help
- Thanks for affection
- Thanks for a donation
- Thanks for your attention
- Thank you for kind words
- Thanks for an open ear
- Thanks for a compliment
- Thank you for spending time together
- Thanks for advice
- Thanks for financial support
- Thanks for a bonus or discount
- Thanks for a friendly smile
To take something like this for granted is an affront. It devalues the friendliness, time and effort of the other, motto: "Was nothing, not worth mentioning." In short: It is inattentive and heartless. A missing thank you is an act of indirect disdain.
If you want to say thank you with words, you have three options:
- Orally. The most direct and personal form of thanks. Either with eye contact or by phone.
- Written. A handwritten letter, a short, printed thank you card - it looks extremely stylish. As long as you don't save on paper and put your personality and life into it.
- Digital. Thank-you notes by email, text message or Whatsapp message are less formal. However, depending on the occasion and the relationship with the recipient, they may well be appropriate. The main thing is that you give the digital thanks something individual 🙏🤗💖.
Say thank you - with small gifts
However, one should not express one's gratitude only verbally with thank-you notes. Sometimes more is needed: small gestures and presents, for example. It is seldom a question of material value or a high price. The value of such a thank you is measured by the loving thought behind it. Therefore, at this point, a few (favorable) suggestions for sincere gifts:
- A fine chocolate
You almost never do anything wrong with sweets - not even intercultural. When it comes to choice and variety, ideally you should know the recipient's preferences.You can enhance the sweet present with a small thank you card, for example. You already have the perfect thank you.
- A bottle of wine
Wine is enjoying increasing popularity. If you want to thank a declared wine drinker, a fine drop is a perfect thank you. Additional advantage: The gift does not become a dust catcher and "destroys" itself. Or as a couple.
- An invitation to dinner
What is particularly charming about this thank you is that you have the opportunity to spend some more time together, to talk to each other and to deepen the relationship. Again, it's not about choosing the classiest restaurant in town. A restaurant that connects you with the recipient is much more popular.
- A personal photo
You don't necessarily have to be shown on it yourself. In the case of professional contacts, that would be inappropriate anyway. Landscapes, architecture or a symbol for the help received, for which you are grateful, are suitable as motifs. Here too: Add a personal, handwritten thank you note to the picture on the front. For example with a touch-up pencil.
What do you say when someone thanks you?
According to general etiquette or etiquette rules, a "thank you" is also commented on. This response choreography is also called “speech acts”. Accordingly, we respond with a certain symmetry to ...
"Thank you" ➠ with: "Please" (or "You're welcome")
"Thank you" ➠ with: "Bitteschön"
"Thank you very much" ➠ with: "Please very much"
That can sound like empty phrases and automated. But it is necessary. Not just out of courtesy. Whether in a relationship, family or at work: an honest “thank you” is a small gift every time. More valuable than any goodie, flowers, or anything bought. We should appreciate that. So if you have supported someone in a helpful and selfless manner and who thanks you for it, you can accept it without a guilty conscience. But please not succinctly, but appreciatively. Who knows: maybe the person you were talking to had to overcome a lot of shame in order to say thank you. The following three steps are then essential:
If someone thanks you, don't be shy - provided the thank you was justified. Accept it. Just like that, without a big gesture or many words.
- Looking forward
Show that you appreciate the nice gesture and the "thank you". Just out of courtesy. A smile is often enough. Or you acknowledge this with "You're welcome" or "Gladly again".
- To thank
Unfortunately, gratitude rarely occurs. So encourage those who do anyway. And thank you for the thank you. A warm "thank you" is enough again. Or as Jean-Jacques Rousseau once put it: "Gratitude is a duty that should be fulfilled, but which nobody has the right to expect."
What other readers have read about it
Jochen Mai is the founder and editor-in-chief of the career bible. The author of several books lectures at the TH Köln and is a sought-after keynote speaker, coach and consultant.
- How can I best use multiple domains
- How does magnetism direct animal migration?
- Do you like single engine piston airplanes?
- I can love a lot of people
- Why are children called angels
- Why do Koreans like ginseng
- Why do we need objectivity in art
- What are C statements
- How small can computers get?
- What is the horse's mane for?
- Which athletes have the shortest lifespan?
- How much you can brag
- What is litigation and arbitration
- Can you decipher the word GWEA?
- What exists is not neurotic
- What do neoconservatives think of Donald Trump
- Which military jobs are in great demand?
- Can an octopus eat a bald eagle
- Which districts have state and federal prisons?
- What is the gradient algorithm
- What is INS Vikrant
- Who is the father of human physiology
- How can I get stronger without eating
- Myanmar people celebrate Hanukkah