What is equilibrium quantity in economy
The price that arises or would result if, after the (free) play of the forces of the market, the volume of supply and demand with regard to this price is or would be in equilibrium.
is the market price at which the amount of goods that the suppliers are willing to sell corresponds to the amount that the customers are willing to buy. It thus represents the price at which the largest possible quantity of goods is sold and the market is emptied. For prices that are above / below the equilibrium price, these quantities will differ.
Price that ensures in a market that the quantities offered and demanded are the same, i.e. the market is cleared. There remains neither an excess of supply nor excess of demand. In the case of complete competition in one market, the supplier and the customer behave as volume adjusters. The equilibrium price is therefore determined by the individual actions of the two sides of the market together and results graphically at the intersection of the supply and demand curve. At this price, the purchase wishes of those who are willing to pay this price or a higher price are satisfied. Likewise, the sales plans of the providers who are willing to sell at this or a lower price are being fulfilled.
Unit price in market equilibrium. In the equilibrium price, the function values of the supply function and the demand function coincide.
Market price with complete competition, which leads to a match between supply and demand. It results from the intersection of the supply and demand curve for a specific good (Fig.).
At the equilibrium price, the demanders are ready to buy exactly the amount that the suppliers are ready to sell. Therefore, no market participant has any reason to change their plans. The amount converted is greatest in equilibrium. In the case of a different price, the quantity requested or offered is smaller than the quantity sold at the equilibrium price (equilibrium quantity). When the equilibrium price is realized, the social surplus (sum of consumer surplus and producer surplus) is maximized.
In price theory, a price at which supply and demand are exactly balanced on a perfect market, i.e. the same amount is offered as is demanded. Under conditions of the perfect market, the equilibrium price is set automatically and cannot be influenced by the providers. The providers only have the option of a quantity strategy, i.e. the possibility of adapting their sales volumes to the given price in such a way that they achieve their profit maximum, profit maximization.
Previous technical term: equilibrium model | Next technical term: equilibrium theory
Report this article to the editors as incorrect & mark it for editing
- Why are there so many war films
- Which beliefs are most pleasant
- What are the symptoms of Cervicocranial Syndrome
- How many Windows are in the Pentagon
- How can beta plus decay be possible
- What is the name of the group of birds
- How to say dress in French
- Can I name my child Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
- Where can I find cool contemporary poetry
- What makes a country Scandinavian
- Which newswires are good outside of the US
- What is spiritualism
- Why don't the American people accuse Trump?
- Where can you learn multivariable calculations online
- How can I avoid the phone while studying?
- Where can I buy bathroom showers
- How should I grow my freelance business?
- What should fiber optic internet cost
- How long can crocodiles stay silent?
- How is technology a way to reveal
- What is Keto Pro Slim
- Are lithium-ion jump starters reliable
- What is another name for Y-axis intercept
- What is the market size for hot forging
- What are e-book readers
- How long can crocodiles stay silent?
- A fatwa is constitutional
- Why is filet mignon so expensive
- Can dogs come back to chase you
- Why do data networks use packet switching
- How much sexual orientation is innate
- How does Cognizant hire freshmen