What can you say instead of apologizing
Sorry not sorry: 5 alternatives so that we don't keep saying "Sorry"
There are certainly times when a proper apology is absolutely necessary, no question about it. However, women in particular tend to say "I'm sorry" far too often. Namely even when there is really nothing to excuse. Which then in turn looks like we've done something really, really bad. So what's that supposed to mean? And how can we just keep this nonsense? Here are five suggestions:
1. Thank you!
"Thank you for waiting for me" is much better than "Excuse me, the bus didn't come first, then the road was closed and at the end I had to make a short phone call". Everyone understands, everyone forgives - and then the program can continue. Also fits in other situations, instead of apologizing because you complain, for example, goes quite well "Thanks for listening to all of this!".
2. Take the light version
Explain without apologizing. Instead of "I'm really sorry that I'm only now, three weeks later, replying to your email, please, please forgive me!" simply "I was on vacation" or "The children were sick". Everyone understands, doesn't need a big sorry aria, it is completely sufficient. Try it out, looks incredibly confident, real.
Strange word? Total. Because of this, we should use it a lot more often when we bump into someone something. That immediately makes life a lot more fun and at the same time it definitely and definitely takes away any tension from every aggressive encounter. It's also a bit silly, of course, but that can never hurt in our far too serious world.
4. I have another idea ...
Don't apologize too much if your colleague is messing around in the conference without stopping. Just slide in - Alternatively, you can also use a "short question" or "What do you think of XY?" Bet it works !?
Sometimes it's best to do it like the British high class, true to the motto "Never complain, never explain!" Translated means: Never complain, never justify. Sometimes you just don't have to say anything, niente, nada. For example, when the other ran into you and now has coffee on his shirt because of that. His problem. Or why should you apologize for just being there? Exactly.
- Where do I connect the third wire
- What's your favorite movie book
- What is the success behind Quora
- Why Do Doctors Marry Doctors In India
- When will China win?
- What are miniature circuit breakers
- The space flows like air currents
- What are the properties of ceramics
- Is Galle Sri Lanka a safe city
- How can I burn up my sad memories
- Why did Trump apologize to Putin
- What is the spring water
- Will survive my marriage
- What about iihm
- Is the Austrian economic theory complete
- Who was Roxelana
- What makes you strong in difficult times
- Most Muslims are Asians
- What's your favorite FNAF song
- Does anyone have CDAC Sunbeam notes
- What is leadership agility
- How does Russia see North Korea
- What are the most haunting photos
- How can i be your student