What are examples of competitive benchmarking
Benchmarking refers to a comparison with or an orientation towards other companies - especially best companies (best practicerelated to the research question).
The benchmarking can relate, among other things, to individual processes ("Why do they have an assembly time of 12 hours per car - and we have 20 hours?"; "Why are their delivery times 2 days - and ours 5 days?"), But also to products ( Why do their products last 10 years - and ours only 5 years? ").
A premium manufacturer in the automotive industry compares itself with its main competitor. The competitor has an EBIT margin of 10%, while the premium manufacturer only has an EBIT margin of 6%.
On the one hand, the 10% prove that a higher margin is possible in reality. On the other hand, benchmarking also includes the analysis of why there is a difference of 4% or where the individual causes are (lower sales prices, higher material costs, longer assembly times, etc.).
In benchmarking, one tries to learn from others who seem to be doing better (analysis) and to get closer to the "role model" through improvement measures (action, implementation).
Besides the above external benchmarking or. Competitive benchmarking (Comparison with other companies) there is also one internal benchmarking, in which e.g. branches or sales offices of a company are compared with one another.
The benchmarking does not have to be carried out within the industry, you can also e.g.
- Compare functions such as the preparation of the annual financial statements with companies from different industries ("How many days does it take to complete and publish the annual financial statements?" functional benchmarking) or
- Compare processes across industries, e.g. the average response time of the customer service of a machine manufacturer with that of a telecommunications provider (so-called. generic benchmarking).
Benchmarking usually takes place over Key figures Instead of: profitability, margins, sales per square meter of sales area, throughput times, etc. are compared with one another.
- Does the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu use any strikes
- Bridge card game What are common psyches
- Are there psychopaths who take care of others?
- Who loves Jethro Tull Why
- How can I deodorize my sink
- Does the back pressure affect the engine valves
- What is the coffee table concept 1
- When is the Grenfell Tower coming down
- Does it really exist in the world?
- Which database does Tally
- Remigrate is a real agency
- Which professions go most through shoes
- Who were the Shardana
- Can I use Lightroom Actions in Photoshop?
- Is bigotry a word
- Why would someone rape a child?
- Is a wider tire bad for the transmission?
- When is the Wallaby Card started?
- Are there Palestinians under ISIS
- How does hyperparathyroidism cause osteoporosis
- What is your mind 3
- What are Erikson's stages of psychosocial development
- Where is the best food in Minneapolis
- How do I find commands in Ubuntu
- How do I get more blood donors
- What are the most useful bootstrap functions
- Are online lottery websites legal in India
- What are the best scenes in Westworld
- How durable are DVDs
- Do you think musical theater actors exaggerate
- Have you ever had a mental illness?
- What is an encryption password