Which places in India are popular
The 10 most popular tourist attractions in India
1. Taj Mahal
It is located in Agra in the state of Uttar Pradesh in India and has been on the UNESCO World Heritage List since 1983. Construction began in 1631, but the date of completion is not exactly recorded. The mogul Shah Jahan had the tomb built for his favorite wife Mumtaz Mahal. The Taj Mahal is a masterpiece of architecture with Persian and Indian elements, which impresses with its symmetrical proportions and harmonious lines.
The mausoleum stands on a 100 x 100 meter platform made of marble, is 58 meters high and 56 meters wide. 4 minarets surround the tomb, which is covered with a dome, and these were built with an angle of inclination so that they would not fall onto the main building in the event of an earthquake. In front of the tomb, visitors can stroll in an 18-hectare garden.
2. Amber Fort in Jaipur
This fortification is located between Jaipur and Amber and comes from the Kachchwaha dynasty and impresses with its detailed decorations and masterful architecture. At the foot of the hill are the Dilaram Gardens by Lake Maota.
3. Palace of the Winds in Jaipur
The Hawa Mahal is located in the old town of Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan, and with its honeycomb-like facade made of red sandstone shines in splendid beauty.
4. Lake landscape in Udaipur
Udaipur with its famous Pichhola Lake, which extends into the city center, is located in Rajasthan. The lake was extended by 8 kilometers in the 16th century and is lined with magnificent palaces. Also worth seeing are the huge city palace, the former palace complexes on the hill south of Lake Pichahola, the City Palace Museum and the Jagdish Temple, which is dedicated to the god Vishnu.
5. Fatehpur Sikri
The old capital of the Mughal Empire is 40 kilometers west of Agra and was founded by Akbar the Great in 1569-1574. It is perfectly preserved, combines Hindu and Muslim style elements and has been declared a World Heritage Site.
This south Indian city on the Coromandel Coast in the state of Tamil Nadu combines beautiful beaches with cultural treasures, such as the coastal temple, which dates back to the 8th century.
7. Red Fort in Agra
This huge fortress is located in the immediate vicinity of the Taj Mahal, dates back to the era of the Mughal emperors and is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
8. Humayun's tomb
The grave of the Great Mughal Nasiruddin Muhammad Humayun, who ruled from 1530 to 1556, is located in Delhi and has been on the UNESCO World Heritage List since 1993.
This beautifully landscaped fortress towers over Jodhpur, the very lovely blue city.
This village is 35 kilometers east of the city of Mysore.
In parts of southern India, the Hoysala dynasty ruled from the middle of the 15th century to 1345, and had the Keshava temple built in 1268, which is littered with ornate decorations.
Are you interested in further interesting information about India? On our travel blog you will find exciting travel tips about:
• Travel blog and travel tip India - general
• Travel blog and travel tip about Sri Lanka
- The financial impact of Brexit has been exaggerated
- What is 2 9 9 9 9
- How do cancer cells develop abnormally
- Can bacteria grow in demineralized water?
- How does dockless bike sharing work?
- How many users are on Google
- What are the languages of a computer
- What is the global warming potential
- What is the Freezing Point Depression Method
- What is the full meaning of FTP
- What is a test scenario
- What is preventing amateur photographers from moving forward
- What is a good alternative for YTMND
- Fear dominates human society
- How different are you and your friend
- What is a limping tooth
- What percentage of LinkedIn users have 500
- Why do MBA applicants reject IIM
- What is the beauty of Kambaramayanam
- People use textbooks to learn languages
- What is CRM When Referenced Marketing
- Which undergraduate accounting class is the most difficult
- Vacuuming an insect would kill it
- Does LiFi work in the dark
- What was Barbara Kruger's best work
- Motivations for IAS preparation
- Which bank is good for export business
- Who played Lando Calrissian in Star Wars
- What makes the best furniture
- How can paintings be invaluable?
- What's good about Visual Studio 2017
- How complicated is your family
- Should entertain or educate a theater
- What Are Some Hacker News Hacks