What is Evansville IN known for
With its agricultural economy, Indiana is part of the United States' grain belt. All important information about the US state from history to the voting behavior of the population at a glance.
- Indiana belongs to the grain belt of the USA.
- The inhabitants are nicknamed "Hoosier".
- The motto of the 19th state is "The Crossroads of America".
Indianapolis - The US state Indiana belongs to the republican regions of the USA. The name means "land of the Indians".
Indiana: The History of the 19th State
Indiana looks back on a long history back. The historical key data at a glance:
- Before the arrival of the Europeans, the tribes of the settled Delaware, Miami, Potawatomi and Piankashaw, Shawnee as well as the Wea Indians on today's national territory.
- In 1679, with a group of French researchers from Quebec, people from Europe entered the terrain for the first time.
- 1800 took place the official founding of the Indiana Territory.
- In 1816 the territory became the 19th state of the United States of America.
- In the American Civil War, Indiana stayed with the United States and fought against the Confederate Army.
- The Industrial Revolution of the early 20th century brought Indiana the first trade unions and the right to vote for women.
Indiana - Geography and Features
Indiana is located in the Midwest of the USA and, with an area of 94.32 square kilometers, is about twice the size of the German state of Lower Saxony. Indiana borders the state to the north Michigan and the Lake Michigan. In the west lies the state Illinois, in the East Ohio. South of the 19th state is the Kentucky River as a natural border.
The state motto is "The Crossroads of America". That's because many interstate highways cross in this state.
The US state Indiana consists mainly of wide, flat landscapes. The continental climate gives the country hot, dry summers and cold winters. The southwest of the state is also located on Tornado Alley in the USA and is hit by cyclones year after year.
Indiana - the largest cities in the state
Besides the rural areas owns Indiana also some big ones Cities. The most important are:
- The capital Indianapolis with 863,002 inhabitants
- Fort Wayne with 265,904 residents
- Evansville with 118,930 residents
Indiana Population Information
Indiana had about 6,633,053 inhabitants in 2016 - that's about 68 people per square kilometer. Of these, over 81 percent are white and a good 9 percent are African-American. The rest is split between Latinos and Asians. Only about 0.3 percent of the population still sees himself as an Indian today.
The state is nicknamed "Hoosier State" and its residents refer to themselves as "Hoosier". Experts argue about the origin of this name to this day.
Indiana: Areas of Business and Industry
Agriculture and animal husbandry are boosting in Indiana the economy at. The 19th state belongs to the so-called "Corn Belt" or grain belt of the USA and supplies considerable amounts of wheat, soybeans, tobacco and corn. There are also animal products such as beef and pork, dairy products and eggs.
Other important areas of Indiana's economy are the manufacture of steel and electronics, as well as the chemical industry and mechanical engineering.
Indiana and the Elections - Political Trends in the Red State
Indiana is a typical "Red State" and thus a stronghold of the Republicans. This is also noticeable in the voting behavior of the population:
- From 1968 to 2004, Indiana residents consistently voted Republicans.
- In 2008 the Democratic candidate won Barack Obama the choice in Indiana by a narrow majority.
- In 2016, the majority voted again for the Republican Donald Trump.
The Democrats only have greater influence in the capital Indianapolis and in the industrial sites on Lake Michigan.
In addition to Barack Obama in the presidential election history of the state only after all Franklin D. Roosevelt (1932 + 1936) and Lyndon B. Johnson (1964) won a Democratic nomination in Indiana.
- What percentage of hotel reservations are overbookings
- What are the advantages of Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Where can I practice the Java quiz
- What is the cure for GI cancer
- Why do cats love boxes
- If trauma permanently damages the brain
- Why is cannibalism unusual among humans
- How to get sitelinks on Google
- How do I create realistic characters
- Which carnivore is the most resilient
- 4x + 20 16 + 2x How do you find x
- What is special about IIT Dharwad
- What if the Texas Revolution never happened
- What is a steel pan in Trinidad
- What is Paul Simon's biggest hit
- Why is Nepal still an undeveloped country
- How much do flight attendants earn
- What is the growth cycle of succulents
- Why Most Indians Hate Nigerians
- Why is Jharkhand less industrialized
- What does it mean to accept life
- Where are Mazdas made
- What does 4chan think of 8chan
- What is the advantage of acrylic
- What is your favorite Indian rock band?
- Are concepts entropic like entropy
- Sheev Palpatine was always angry
- How was the phone changed
- How can I buy French wine
- Which books should I prefer for IMUCET?
- What do most people oversimplify?
- How many video satellites are in space
- Is Binance Coin a good investment