What is the purpose of waxing surfboards
They are widespread among surfers - although opinions differ. Some could no longer do without surfing, others find it annoying. The function of the grip deck / traction pad / foot pad is essentially the same as that of surf wax. Due to the 3-dimensional structure, they offer the foot additional resistance.
Position of the grip deck
The grip deck is glued to the board at the point where the greatest friction is desired. The best known is of course the tail pad, which is glued to the surface of the rear foot. As a rule of thumb, you should place your back foot level with the side fins. Of course, this can vary and it is worth finding out the position beforehand. But there are also surfers who cardboard the whole board. Front pads are mostly in demand where you don't have to paddle lying down (e.g. wakesurf, river surf, bungee surf).
Advantages of a grip deck
The decisive advantage of grip decks is, of course, that they work regardless of temperature, work forever and offer optimal hold. The grip deck won't be left behind in your clothes. Often it is also helpful to jump into the right position immediately. During a duck dive, the board can be controlled better and carried out better under the wave. Last but not least, the board can be customized in terms of color with the grip deck.
Disadvantages of a grip deck
More expensive than wax in the short term and the wave check during waxing of the board is shorter. With completely new pads, there is sometimes irritation in the knee area because the pads chafe while paddling. The trick there is that you just briefly break the "sharp" edges of the pad with a sandpaper.
- Where's Remix OS for Cell Phones
- What is the biggest paradox in drugs
- Cell phones cause heart problems
- Google saves our data-compressed format
- Fascism Why do people follow dictators
- You can make money with Inbox Dollars
- How do I test AngularJS applications
- What is your favorite Indian rock band?
- How do I get Intensity in DRDO
- When are you going to marry someone
- Indie rock is dying out
- What is the national song of China
- How do I iron a jacket leather
- Find books on writing helpful
- Are there actually diet-resistant fat cells
- Stop sitting in the sauna for arthritis
- Are lions more like cats or dogs?
- How can I secure my blog
- The SEC did a good job
- Why did the World Cup begin
- What is the capsid of a virus
- What kind of meditation are you doing
- How do I open missing Outlook emails
- Can India successfully invade Qatar