Where can I check my essay?
No dictionary at hand at the moment? Check your spelling and grammar quickly and easily using our service.
Improve your texts easily with Online-Spellcheck.com
Most online automatic spell and grammar checks follow three main approaches to checking text for errors.
- Dictionary comparison: Each word is compared with a word from a dictionary. As long as the dictionary is large enough and contains enough words, misspelled words will be found quickly. This method is the simplest of all and is used by most spell checkers.
- Rules: Frequently occurring grammatical errors are recognized by some correction programs using predefined rules. Among other things, this method eliminates congruence errors, e.g. B. "I am" (correct would be "I am"). Words that are easy to confuse are also recognized this way. For example, the spelling of "pages" and "pages" depends on the context in which the words are used. Such words become a problem, especially for people with poor reading and writing skills. With this method, the words are not viewed individually, but several words at the same time. In other words, the context is included in the review.
- Statistical approach: The third approach consists of rules that are established on the basis of statistical information. This approach requires a significant amount of data from a large corpus (yes, Wikipedia is too small for that). Very few spelling programs support this approach, as the amount of data collected is simply too large to be stored on a local computer. Exceptions confirm the rule, so grammar checks based on statistics can find errors that are overlooked in a purely rule-based spell check.
Online-Spellcheck.com uses all three approaches. We have the largest number of dictionaries with thousands of rules. We also use a statistical corpus to be able to find even rare errors in your text. And not just in German and English! We check texts for misspelled words and grammatical errors in over 20 languages!
Our online spell checker can do more than most spell checkers
As explained earlier, checking spelling and grammar can be done using three different approaches. All three are used in our online correction. In addition, our servers are very powerful and offer sufficient RAM memory to store large corpora. Regular updates and improvements are carried out continuously. There is no need to install special software on every computer or other device to do the proofreading for you. Just open a browser, whether it's on your computer or on your phone, and you're good to go.
Best of all, our spell checker is completely free.
Play by your own rules
Nobody is perfect and we are not claiming that we can really find every mistake in your text. This is simply not possible with a purely machine check. If someone else claims to be able to do this, it is simply not true. The final authority is always the person (and even this person can be wrong every now and then). Nonetheless, our online spell checker will help you find most mistakes in your text and provide suggestions for improving grammar.
In addition, our service also offers a function with which you can mark so-called "false negatives". These are words that our spell checker sees as wrong, but are basically spelled correctly (e.g. proper names or place names). If you have registered on our site, you can not only mark these words and improve them (back), but add them to your own personal dictionary. This means that this information is also taken into account in future corrections.
As a little extra, we also offer you a small lexicon with a thesaurus that appears when you click on a word.
Upload various documents - we will convert them and fix the errors
You can upload the text that you want us to check for spelling and grammar in various ways:
- Either paste the text into the text box of our online spell checker using copy & paste.
- Or you provide us with a URL from which we can download the document for a spell check from the Internet. You can also search a web page for errors this way. Simply enter the domain name.
- It is also possible to upload a file and check for spelling errors. The file format does not matter here. We support Microsoft Word (DOC / DOCX), Adobe PDF, text files (TXT), RTF files and with the help of "Optical Character Recognition" (OCR) we can extract and check text from images ourselves.
- If you use a cloud service such as Google Drive or Dropbox, you can upload your documents from a cloud service. The same formats that are listed under (3) are also supported here.
Try it out.
Spell checks are important, but we offer more
As soon as we have received, checked and corrected your text, you will be presented with the result. When manually reviewing the corrected text, you have several options for dealing with the information we offer you.
- You can undo errors that have been corrected by us,
- use our thesaurus to find synonyms
- or rearrange the sentences.
We also provide detailed explanations of why a word could be wrong and provide examples of correct usage. If you are satisfied, you can share your text with others by passing the unique, non-guessable link on to friends, acquaintances and colleagues. Of course, you can also download the corrected text as a file (e.g. PDF, DOC, TXT or ODT) or send the text to yourself (or others) as an email attachment.
Who Can Benefit From An Online Spell Checker?
Writing a text without making mistakes is difficult, even for experts! Our automatic spell checker can help professionals as well as schoolchildren, students, website owners, bloggers and writers produce almost error-free text. Especially users who write a text in a language that is not their mother tongue can benefit from this online service. Foreign words, commas, the new German spelling and easy proofreading are no longer a problem!
Questions or suggestions?Our spell and grammar checker is constantly being expanded and improved! So do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to see more or different functions on our site or if you find a bug.
- Why is gender equality important
- Is 5086 aluminum sheet price high
- There are gold diggers in India
- Interactive Facebook is possible
- Which website has the best design
- All veins carry deoxygenated blood
- Should I twist my nose piercing?
- Where can I buy hypodermic needles?
- What are some of the bad mood symptoms
- How do I ridicule atheists 1
- Can I run 2 browsers?
- Why are Americans so anti-union
- Do blood tests for any disease
- What if the UPSC digits were reduced to 300?
- What are nail art trends for 2019
- What color goes with sandstone
- How old is Chris Hemsworth
- Why is treatment with boiling water necessary
- How did Al Anon help you
- A graphics card is required for coding
- Teachers look down on teaching assistants
- Are there Palestinians under ISIS
- How does the ICC test challenge work
- How does benzodiazapene withdrawal affect the brain?