What are the general theories of semantics
Semantics explained in simple terms: definition and function
According to Wikipedia, the term semantics is defined as follows:
semantics (from Greek σημαίνεινsēmaínein 'Denote', 'belonging to the sign'), also Theory of meaning, is called the theory or science of the meaning of signs. character can in this case be words, phrases or symbols. Semantics is typically concerned with the relationships between signs and their meanings.
A distinction is made between the following main forms of semantics:
- Semantics of sign systems (semiotics)
- Semiasisology and Onomasiology
- Semantics of languages (linguistics)
With regard to semantic search engine optimization or semantic search as well as online marketing in general, we are primarily in the field of linguistics.
Semantics play an increasingly important role in the categorization, interpretation and delivery of information on the Internet. Many large online platforms such as Facebook and Google already use semantic functionalities.
How the semantics work
Semantics in the sense of linguistics is primarily about identifying the meaning of language. References that take place in certain environments (ontologies) are established via entities. This can be used to identify the context and meaning of entities. This allows entities to be categorized, but also evaluated.
Ontologies and Entities
Entities can be clearly identified using a unique ID and a combination of certain properties. In this way, terms with multiple meanings such as "Jaguar" (Jaguar can mean an animal, tank, car ...) can be clearly identified in terms of meaning. Entities can be people, companies, factual and abstract things, buildings ...
In semantics, ontologies represent an environment in which entities can be related to one another. A certain industry can serve as an ontology in which different market participants / companies function as an entity and are related to one another.
Blog article on the subject
Google now pays attention to inner valuesIn 2013, Google made a very special gift for itself on its 15th birthday. The search engine has a bird, a hummingbird to be precise, and it doesn't just stir up the zoo in terms of color. It is not an anti-spam update á la Panda or Pinguin, with which the S ... Show articles
- How do I multiply two complex numbers
- What is Salesforce Cloud Computing
- How was your Christmas party without the narcissist
- What is Jeff Buckley's most successful song
- Who is the UPSC topper this year
- How do you develop a calm personality
- How do you calculate the transaction costs
- How does our society work
- How was the phone changed
- Do you like fried food
- Can methamphetamines cause cancer?
- All metals form metallic bonds
- How much does the abortion pill cost
- What do you think about the evil
- Which is the cheapest trimmer for men
- What are the benefits of interlocking stones
- Can cruise ships refuel at sea
- What's your favorite grocery voucher app
- What wins relationship
- Should Japan stop whaling
- What's wrong with the disappearance of Instagram followers
- One can buy goods from bookmyoffer com
- Which restaurant or which cook invented the buffalo wings?
- What are some examples of microbial life
- What motivates you to write secrets
- What is level trading and random trading
- Have you been to a nudist house
- How much knowledge is there on the web
- What did President Harrison die of?
- What's annoying about the Paris climate agreement
- How do I start a detox plan
- What's your schizophrenia story
- How will Hillary Clinton deal with terrorism
- Which is more secure WCF or WebApi