Is yupo paper good
Legion Yupo Medium Paper
Legion's Yupo Medium Paper is a particularly smooth, acid-free and pH-neutral synthetic paper (no tree was felled for it). It is machine made in the USA from 100% polypropylene (plastic) that is fully recyclable. Due to the complex manufacturing process, the Yupo paper is exceptionally strong, opaque and has an incredibly smooth surface. It is completely waterproof, which is why watercolors, alcohol inks and acrylic paints “stand” (= remain active) on the paper and can be worked on for a long time. This allows exciting, marbled backgrounds which can then be scanned, for example, and supplemented with letterings.
The paper is fundamentally different from normal watercolor paper, because it does not absorb paint and water, which means that the Yupo paper always remains flat and does not bulge. Because of this, the paper (before the paint has dried) can be rinsed with cold water and used again. Please note that some pigments may still not completely detach from the paper.
You can also use the Yupo paper to practice brush lettering, e.g. with the STABILO Brush Pens or Loose Watercolor Florals with the watercolor paints in the Floral Pocket Box. The brush strokes and movements for flowers, leaves and many other floral elements can be easily practiced with the brush on the paper and then washed away under the tap. Please note that the watercolors on the Yupo paper behave differently (and also dry differently) than on normal watercolor paper.
- Format: 22.86 x 30.48 cm
- Color white
- Grammage: 200g / m²
- Block of 10 sheets
- Glued at the head
- Surface: very smooth
- 100% polypropylene
- acid-free and pH-neutral
- water repellent
- 100% recyclable
- suitable for watercolors, alcohol ink, acrylic paint
- Masking liquid does NOT adhere to the paper surface
Mrs. Hell's recommendation:
If you don't want to equip yourself with extra material (alcohol inks) for cool and trendy alcohol ink backgrounds, you can achieve the same effect with the Yupo paper and the Karin markers. Without any alcohol smell and mess;)
Application example watercolor background:
- Apply watercolor paint (e.g. from the Floral Pocket Box) or water-based paint (e.g. Karin Brushmarker) to the Yupo paper
- In the next step you can “play” with this applied color, e.g.
- spray the colors with the Tombow Blending Mister
- blend different colors into one another by moving the paper
- Dab in new paint with the brush or with water-based markers (e.g. Karin Brushmarker)
- Sprinkle your applied paint with clean water
- Dab in metallic watercolors (e.g. from the Metallic Pocket Box) to get a shimmer effect
- blow the paint in different directions with a straw
- ... there are no limits to creativity!
- Do you want to start all over again? Simply hold the paper under running water (before the paint has dried) and use it again
- Or let the watercolor background dry completely (may take a few hours)
- If you want to fix the color on the paper for a long time, use a matt clear lacquer or finishing spray
- Now you can digitize the paper, e.g. with a scanner or smartphone, and process it further
ATTENTION: some pigments and colors (e.g. Karin Brushmarker) cannot be completely removed from the Yupo paper before and after drying! Use some additional detergent or glass cleaner and wipe the paint off the paper with a kitchen towel. The longer the paint dries on the paper, the more difficult it is to remove it.
|size||30.48 × 22.86 × 0.5 cm|
- Which song would you prefer
- How Often Should I Restart Linux Server?
- Hemiacetal is an ether
- What are some properties of HSBR rubber
- What is the coelom of the earthworm
- What is FDD
- What is Faculty 5
- Does human history have a purpose?
- Was the stock market of Lyft overrated
- What is the structural formula for EDTA
- What is a table saw
- What are the Melaleuca products
- EBay or Amazon
- Are blessings and fluences real?
- Which is better BDS or BUMS
- What are you hiding under your bed
- Is Delhi worth living in
- What is the natural predator of spiders
- How do musicians develop their own voice?
- Which stores offer the easiest way to collect groceries?
- Was Draupadi the main cause of Mahabharata
- What are Marleyans in the attack on Titan
- What are some creative food blogging ideas
- What is your favorite geometric shape
- How can you not like someone like Modiji
- Can paper potato bags be recycled
- Snapchat has a good ad product
- How do I add RSS on Flipboard
- Is China more socially liberal than India?
- What do the Swedes think of IKEA
- Can I set up my own mutual fund?
- What happens when we eat plastic
- What does it mean to dream of an eagle
- What is the real reason for the demonstration