Why are no architects active on Quora?
Quora launches German version
The knowledge platform Quora is now also available in German. After a beta phase of several weeks, the German version has been freely accessible since Tuesday. Quora is based on the question-and-answer principle. Based on your own usage behavior and the ratings of other users, questions on specific topics and the answers to them are displayed. Registered users can write questions and answers themselves or search the platform.
"Our focus is on quality," emphasized company boss Adam D'Angelo at the presentation of the German version on Tuesday in Berlin. In contrast to the Internet search engine Google, he said: "Its mission is to organize the world's information. Quora wants to bring more knowledge to the Internet." Knowledge is linked to language, which is why the company has to grow here. "Over 200 million people in the world speak German. It is an important language for us."
The variety of topics on Quora is colorful: nutrition, education, history, philosophy, everyday life and much more. You can ask what you want, stressed D'Angelo. Quora then displays the questions to users who the platform believes have knowledge of the field. To do this, Quora analyzes, among other things, user interests as well as data such as place of residence or a university degree in a subject. Answers to a question are sorted based on the quality of the authors and user feedback.
The English-language version of the Californian company, which was launched seven years ago, now has more than 200 million users a month, according to the company. Well-known politicians such as former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau are also active on Quora.
At the start in the German-speaking market, D'Angelo said: We want to offer quality and gain trust. He did not name specific growth targets. Quora has been in Spanish since last year, and French and Italian versions were added in spring 2017. The individual Quora platforms are not linked to one another. There are considerations to integrate them better for multilingual users.
Looking at other German-language question-and-answer portals such as Gutefrage.net, Kerstin Ewelt, who looks after the German Quora platform, said: There is no competition, both have their place on the market. "We have content at a deeper level," she said. Ewelt emphasized the real name rule that set Quora apart from others. (dpa / ib)
- How do artists get away with plagiarism
- Who can recognize different time signatures
- Which animal has the lowest sex?
- What does the second moment of the surface mean?
- What do you think about women's sports
- What is the difference between book and e-book
- What is Morgan Freeman's worst performance
- Difference between in smo and smm
- Can we bend reality
- What is the set clock in TCP IP
- Who can authenticate an email
- How about sightseeing
- What are some website reseller companies
- Which bird laid these eggs?
- What are some popular business cooperatives
- India is aware of the quality
- What is the accent of Michael Caine
- What are 5 historical facts about Morocco
- Are you staying in Ibadan
- What did LeBron James do
- What is re-marketing in digital marketing
- How do you detoxify your blood system
- What is the exemplary minority myth
- What should I use for mouse bait