Contains marijuana toxins
Hardening of the arteries Tobacco is more harmful than cannabis
Long-term cannabis use has historically been associated with deposits in the heart arteries. But now scientists have found out in a long-term study by the University of Bern that the consumption of cannabis is not the problem. Rather, the simultaneous tobacco smoke is the main cause of the calcification of the arteries.
Observed for over 25 years
The investigations used data from the long-term CARDIA study, which has been investigating the development of arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries) and its risk factors in young adults since 1985. Among other things, it recorded the cannabis and tobacco consumption of over 5,000 participants for over 25 years. In the 25th year, 3,117 subjects underwent computed tomography to measure calcium in the heart and abdominal arteries. Deposits had formed in the arteries of 60 percent of these participants. 84 percent of them used cannabis, but only six percent of them daily. In contrast, 49 percent of the participants smoked tobacco every day.
Only very high consumption is a risk
The scientists found that there is a strong link between tobacco use and calcification of the arteries. However, they could not find this connection in the participants who only consumed cannabis. A trend towards an increased risk of arteriosclerosis can only be identified in people with very high cannabis consumption.
- Generosity is stupidity
- What is blockchain in procurement
- Which one should I choose ControlMyNikon or Lightroom
- Why is paper viewed as a renewable raw material
- How can we study consciousness
- What is log a b 1
- What are some interesting data services
- What is the biggest restaurant in Venezuela
- Can an MCA student do an MBA
- Should I move the school 1
- What are the best hotels in Brussels
- Where to buy real succulents
- Did you lose money trading?
- How good can society get
- Microprocessors are a growing field
- What is employee satisfaction
- What's the best way to cum
- Can anger destroy a person completely
- Would the BPM industry survive the digital revolution?
- What are the disadvantages of the blackboard
- Can I paint rooms without a license
- Can renewable energies replace nuclear energy?
- What are some facts about St. Patrick
- Bette Davis hated Joan Crawford