What is Metal Gear Solid 5 about
Metal Gear Solid 5 in the test: Sneaking on the edge of world history
We lie in tall grass and wait. "Kids in America" by Kim Wilde is playing on our in-game cassette recorder for the third time - we stole the cassette from a Russian during the last mission. Now let's focus on another Soviet Army soldier who is walking slowly in our direction. Does he see us and then immediately trigger a major alarm? Or can we sneak behind him to turn him off unnoticed?
In Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, waiting is part of our everyday life when we fight as elite snake soldiers in countries like Afghanistan and Africa. The most recent work by star designer Hideo Kojima takes place in 1984, at the time of the Cold War. The plot picks up elements from the real story and combines them with fictional elements. With Snake and his organization Diamond Dogs as well as his old enemies from the secret society Cipher. There are also other mysterious figures, such as a guy made up of flames.
Just a few words to classify: In The Phantom Pain we play a snake who wakes up after nine years in a coma with an amputated arm in a hospital in Cyprus, from where he then has to escape in the dramatic prologue. If you are not familiar with Metal Gear, the different identities and versions of Snake and the other characters, you will have problems understanding part of the story.Together with a companion, Snake explores the area. (Screenshot: Golem.de)
But that doesn't spoil the fun of the bombastic, repeatedly surprising cutscenes. The developers obviously made sure to tell a story that beginners can reasonably understand. Nevertheless, we recommend a somewhat detailed look at the history of the series, for example on Wikipedia.
- Deutsche Vermögensberatung AG, Frankfurt am Main
- ESG Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH, Fürstenfeldbruck
However: We spend most of the season waiting in the tall grass anyway - and we don't care about the series history, because only the enemy in front of us counts. Fortunately, in the vast majority of cases, getting behind an opposing soldier and putting him in a headlock is not a great challenge. Then we can interrogate him at the push of a button about hidden defectors, important documents or treasures. Optionally, we press the air off him until he sinks unconscious to the ground - or we silently kill him with our knife.
Before the missions, we always try to examine the enemy positions with binoculars from a mountain, for example. The program then marks all soldiers so that we can follow their position and their respective line of sight through the walls of houses. There is more such help: We also see marked opponents on the overview map.
- How challenging is bringing up children in 2019
- Is the Nakadaka Ken legal in MMA
- How can I edit a sent Gmail account
- Why are Trump supporters so loyal
- What is Metal Gear Solid 5 about
- Why did Goku Koenig never revive Kai
- What is S A D.
- How does a maintenance-free battery work
- How can you benefit from the modernization
- What is Cisco Jasper
- How to say phrase in Korean
- How is three-phase electricity generated
- What is the name of the bacterial rain
- What are the best beaches in Krabi
- What is the short history of Poland
- What is the best brand of cigarettes ever sold
- Why is Lord Vishnu called Achyuta
- Is the ego connected to the soul
- Penicillin was invented in the 20th century
- What Causes Breakthrough Bleeding During Early Pregnancy
- What makes men introverted
- What does a guide dog training include
- How was your experience with SemRush
- What is the Andhra Bank User ID