Dogs have allergies
How can the vet determine allergies in dogs?
- Exclusion diagnostics
- Intracutaneous test
- Blood test
- Exclusion diet
Since the symptoms of the individual allergies are very similar, the diagnosis is a challenge. In addition, a dog can suffer from several allergies at the same time. In addition, there are no easy-to-perform and reliable tests available that differentiate between allergies. An allergy is thus identified by means of a Exclusion diagnostics. In addition, a detailed anamnesis and the signal element can already provide clues.
You should tell your veterinarian about these aspects when taking the medical history:
- Age at the onset of symptoms
- Localization of the itching or skin symptoms
- Presence of similar symptoms in littermates or parents of the dogs
- Seasonality of Symptoms
Flea saliva allergy
Even if the symptoms are not on one Flea allergy suggests, one should exclude this at the beginning. The vet examines the dog for fleas and flea droppings with a flea comb. Finding either confirms the suspicion. A Intracutaneous test can also be used for diagnosis. In this test, flea allergen and control substances are injected into the skin on the chest wall and checked for allergic reactions after 15-30 minutes, 4 to 6, 24 and 48 hours. Also exist Blood tests for the diagnosis of a flea allergy, which, however, only provide information for type I reactions. Diagnostic therapy is also possible. The dog and all animals living in the household are treated with suitable preparations against fleas. A flea allergy is likely if the attempt at therapy is successful.
Dog allergies: food allergy
For the confirmation or the exclusion of a Feed allergy is only an elimination diet or according to the recommendations of dermatologists Exclusion diet makes sense. The aim of this diet is to feed the dog with a source of protein and carbohydrate that it has never been given for a period of at least eight weeks. Since he has not yet had any contact with these substances, he cannot react to them. During the period of the diet, the dog should not be given anything else to eat; treats and rewards must consist of the ingredients intended for the diet.
Dermatologists recommend a home-cooked diet. If the dog owner is unable to prepare the food for the diet himself, hydrolyzed diets are available. The components are so small that the body cannot recognize them as allergens. It is also possible to feed monoprotein varieties. Symptoms should improve significantly during the diet. After the symptoms have subsided, a provocation should be carried out with the food given before the diet. If the symptoms reappear, this is evidence of a feed allergy.
Diagnosing a Atopy is established clinically and by excluding other diseases. The diagnosis of atopy can only be made when certain aspects have been clarified. The symptoms, age, itching pattern and other points must be right. In addition, other causes of itching must be carefully ruled out. Now the veterinarian can carry out specific tests to identify the allergens causing the problem. Well suited is a Intracutaneous testwhere allergens are injected into the skin and the reactions to them are read. An experienced dermatologist should always perform this test. Likewise is a Allergy test in the blood possible, which can, however, indicate false positive reactions.
- What is the best laundry in Kolkata
- What are the most thought provoking quotes
- What is the best article
- What should an ENFP learn
- How artificial intelligence is changing the Indian economy
- Law firms will pay for law school
- What is the main cause of dermatography
- Is there cheating in a monogamous relationship
- What are the best settings for the hot press
- Why would someone rape a child?
- Can I make Fortnite legally unofficial?
- How does art capture emotions so perfectly
- Can Spider Man Saitama's blow survive
- Can CFOs make good CEOs?
- Who won the battle of Somme
- What happens when natural rubber is vulcanized
- What is the SIRAH force field
- What is a jamoke
- Is there a good avocado smothie recipe
- What is a limping tooth
- How do studios send their films overseas
- Smoking cigarettes makes people moody
- What is a limited space
- Which empire competed with the Persian Empire