What are foam fire extinguishers used for?
Which types of fire extinguishers are suitable for what?
Types of fire extinguishers
With the permanent pressure extinguisher, the propellant gas and the extinguishing agent are already mixed. As a result, the fire extinguisher (€ 40.99 on Amazon *) is constantly under pressure, as the name suggests. This form is very practical for private households because the extinguishing agent sprays out immediately when the release button is pressed. However, the maintenance of this fire extinguisher is a bit more complex.
Types of fire extinguishers:
- Permanent pressure extinguisher
- Charging extinguisher
Charging extinguisher - heavy and high quality
In the charging extinguisher, the propellant gas and extinguishing agent are separated from each other until the extinguishing process. Since the propellant gas is stored in a special metal container specially from the extinguishing agent inside the extinguisher, a considerable weight is added.
The two substances are not mixed until the fire extinguisher is triggered. The charging extinguisher is actually even more reliable and of higher quality than the permanent pressure extinguisher.
Fillers for the types of fire extinguishers
Both types of fire extinguishers can be filled with powder, water or a foam cartridge. In private households, be aware that powder used as an extinguishing agent can cause great damage inside the home.
Types of extinguishing agents:
Select extinguishing agent for the purpose
In fact, water is rarely used to fill fire extinguishers anymore. The previously very popular powder-filled fire extinguisher has now been replaced by the foam extinguisher in apartments. This is primarily due to the fact that more and more electronic devices are available in private households.
These devices are usually completely inoperable when the powder extinguisher is triggered. The powder gets into every nook and cranny through the fire extinguisher. This also applies to the fine electronic components. TV, stereo, laptop and mobile phone are no longer usable after using the powder extinguisher.
The fire class distinguishes the combustible substances from one another. On the fire extinguisher are the letters for the fire classes for which the extinguisher is suitable.
- Fire class A - solids - wood, paper and textiles or car tires
- Fire class B - liquids - paints, wax or petrol
- Fire class C - gaseous substances - natural gas or propane
- Fire class D - metal fire, for example aluminum or magnesium
- Fire class F - fat - like a fire in the pan or deep fryer
You should purchase a fire blanket for the kitchen, as it does not require maintenance and is very effective in the event of a grease fire.
* Affiliate link to AmazonHome »Living» Fire protection »Fire extinguishers
- Where did Edward meet Lt Ross
- Are Sonicare toothbrushes worth it
- What does the expansion of the universe mean
- What is the use of a holder
- Why are tasers illegal in New Jersey
- Can provide satellite television internet
- Owned by Warner Media General Mills
- Windows or Macs, that's the best
- What is VBA coding for Excel
- What makes us teenagers so hormonal
- How video streaming apps generate revenue
- What is carbomer in cosmetics
- What are the curriculum for GRE preparation
- What projects can we do with WordPress
- What is Rosman's Analysis of Structures
- Why are names of cars so unusual?
- Why do I believe in everyone
- Who is the best neurologist in Bhubaneswar
- The Germans serve beer in jugs
- Where can I get advanced math problems
- Why do people produce and consume art
- What is the function of coke
- What is hosting in the website
- How can I turn my mom on