Why decorate your home office
This is how the home office is set up correctly
Working in the home office is becoming increasingly popular. Health problems can be prevented with ergonomically correct equipment. With our tips you can create a productive workplace at home that invites you to feel good.
Separate office or mobile workplace?
- If there is already a separate office with a workstation, it is easiest to use it for professional purposes. So after your work you can simply open the door and concentrate on other things.
- If the home office is housed in a room with a different function for reasons of space, the work area can be expanded with shelves, plants, etc. optically separate.
- If there is little space, a multifunctional shelf can be used as a workplace, which can also be used as a work table. Your devices and work utensils have a fixed place and do not always have to be assembled and disassembled.
- In order to improve the room acoustics, mobile acoustic elements or partition walls can also be used.
The right setup
- Ideally, you should purchase a height-adjustable table for your home office. Its height should be adjusted so that when sitting, the elbows are the same height as the keyboard.
- Check whether your feet have enough freedom of movement.
- The chair should also be height-adjustable and have an unlockable backrest. Adjust the chair so that the angle between the upper and lower legs is 90 ° or a little more, the back touches the backrest with light pressure and the feet are in good contact with the floor.
- If you are working at a non-height-adjustable table, you can achieve the correct elbow height by adjusting the seat height. If your feet no longer have firm contact with the ground, you will need a footrest. On the other hand, if you can slide your hands under your thighs, you are sitting too low. Then the table should be raised with a mat.
- Care should be taken when placing the table that you are not sitting facing a window or that a window is behind your back. The table and chair should be placed so that daylight comes in from the side. If this is not possible, you should use roller blinds that can be pulled up from the lower window frame or lamellar curtains for darkening.
- Good lighting is essential. The light should illuminate the work surface, not the back of the person's head.
- Create enough storage space in the home office so that you can keep things tidy and always have an overview.
- Decorate your workplace with personal items that do not distract you, but motivate you.
- Indoor plants in the home office create a good atmosphere.
This way you have the correct posture on the screen
- The keyboard should be placed in such a way that a support surface of approx. 10 cm is free for the hands up to the edge of the table.
- If possible, writing templates should be placed between the keyboard and the screen.
- The screen must be set up straight from your body.
- The viewing distance should be 70-90cm, more for large screens.
- The ideal viewing direction on the screen is approx. 30 degrees below the horizontal viewing direction. The eyes protrude about 5 to 10 cm above the top of the screen.
- You should not work longer than 2 hours on the laptop without an additional screen.
Source: “Screen work” guide from www.suva.ch
Tips for the working day at home
- You should exercise regularly during a working day in the home office. Do relaxation exercises in between.
- If you look outside, you will prevent eye fatigue.
- Consciously plan breaks and keep them.
- Make sure you leave the workplace tidy in the evening. This makes it easier to start a new working day in the morning.
- Make sure that you stop doing work after work.
- Is Kashmir a predominantly Muslim region?
- How do I recruit a girl
- Is the iPhone XR better or the iPhone 8
- Produces laughter dopamine
- Is the kinetic energy dependent on the mass
- What's your favorite FNAF song
- I am looking for a repair solution for the bathroom
- Wine goes bad after opening
- Where is the Mercedes Benz manufactured
- What is the role of Mike Pence
- Why don't I like to express myself?
- What counts as rental income
- How is Burj Khalifa
- What does a liver parenchyma echo texture mean
- What is the idea of pakistan
- Did entrepreneurship really start in Pakistan?
- Why don't the Brazilians know Portuguese culture?
- What are the most popular webpack plugins
- What is a programmable legal entity PLE
- Said divers make good money
- What is the Mach principle
- What are easy recipes for students
- Can someone get rich working at TCS?
- What is a table saw