What is meant by saving water?
Environmentally conscious behavior when renting on time: save water and protect water
Actually everyone should handle resources responsibly. Regardless of whether you are an apartment owner or tenant. At the latest when the utility bill arrives, everyone makes the resolution to heat more ecologically for the next year and to pay attention to electricity consumption.
Temporary tenants should also pay attention to this. Even if the rental price for a furnished apartment is always stated in the synopsis. This means that all additional costs are already included. Of course, tenants should still use energy and all resources responsibly. Not only will your landlord thank you, but also the environment.
This post is about water. And thus the question of whether saving water is even an issue here in Germany.
Germany is actually a water-rich country with many rivers and lakes. Germany certainly does not suffer from water scarcity. And this despite the fact that every German or person living in Germany consumes around 120-190 liters of water a day.
There is good news on this: Germans' water consumption is declining! So the problem isn't necessarily water usage. Hot water is the problem, because a lot of energy is required to heat it. And that costs money. Money that your landlord and, of course, you as the tenant have to pay.
But be careful: The problem is not the water consumption, but the energy costs. This distinction is important, because saving on cold water is rather counterproductive. If you use the economy button for the toilet flush, that is certainly well meant, but it leads to deposits on the pipes and blockages. It sounds absurd, but the more cold water is saved, the more the prices go up. The reason for this is the fact that the water and sewerage system in Germany is oversized. The systems have to be maintained and the water has to flow and be consumed.
Here are our tips on saving hot water and using water more ecologically:
Only run the washing machine and dishwasher when it is full
It makes more ecological sense to use dishes and washing machines than to wash or wash by hand. But only if the machine is full.
You should therefore avoid leaving the machines running only half full.
showering instead of bathing
For a full bath you need 140 liters of warm water. Much less for showering. Approx. 15 liters of hot water per minute.
Showering in an ecologically sound way
Let the water run for as short as possible and turn off the water when lathering.
Water-saving shower heads also reduce consumption. Just ask your landlord whether he would like to install a water-saving shower head in his apartment for a while. He will surely support your commitment.
So much for hot water and thus save costs.
We come to the water cycle. As already mentioned, Germany has sufficient water reserves and used water is added back to the cycle. It must of course be clarified beforehand.
Use ecological cleaning products without harsh chemicals
Apart from the fact that chemical cleaning agents can attack many surfaces, they are of course also harmful to the environment. Filter out ecological detergent effort. Is the?
Do not use the toilet as a trash can
You can safely forget tips such as saving water when flushing the toilet. Correct rinsing is better than cleaning up dirt caused by insufficient rinsing with harsh chemicals.
The following do not belong in the toilet:
- Leftover food and oils: Danger of pipes becoming clogged. Chemistry. Even if you have rented a furnished apartment on a temporary basis, you are liable for it and bear the costs if it comes to that
- Medicines: If they cannot be filtered out, they end up in bodies of water and lakes. Therefore, always return expired drugs and those that are no longer needed to the pharmacy.
Microplastics are small plastic balls that can be found in many cosmetic products, scrubs, shower gels, etc. These cannot be filtered out in the clarification process and end up in the stomachs of wild animals. Often these end up in a variety of plastic waste.
Tip. Use ecological cosmetics.
Not only cosmetics, but also clothing made of synthetic fibers is problematic. When washing functional clothing, polyester, etc., pieces of fabric come loose and get into the water cycle. Washing machines cannot yet filter these out. This is only possible with a special laundry bag, which admittedly is not cheap. It costs around 30 euros.
Now it is your turn
Save hot water and no chemicals or waste in the water cycle.
By following the tips above, you will be responsible for resource management, saving money and protecting the waters and, consequently, wildlife.
Back to category: | The Zeitwohnblog | Go Green
- How does the token exchange work
- Heartbreak is just a part of life
- What is the future for physical currency
- What are the formats of the GPS coordinates
- Pope uses a smartphone
- What is the war going to do to you inside
- What is the accent of Michael Caine
- Is rationality a higher form of sensitivity
- Why is a gynecologist important
- How high is my hair growth rate
- Can I exclude the ICICI home loan?
- When should I start taking Protienpraeparaten?
- Animals compare like humans
- Can nature break its own laws
- Did you lose money trading?
- What does persistent mean
- Who are some popular Disney speakers
- What are the types of anarchist theories
- What are the best video editing apps
- Is there such a thing as Quora for politics?
- What are you currently driving and why
- Why did Trump win the election
- What causes gallbladder disease
- How can a woman stay young forever