Means Lord God in the Bible
Keyword: Lord (Jesus Christ)
The New Testament uses different titles to express the special dignity of Jesus, e.g. Christ or Son of Man. Each of them describes in his own way what Jesus means for the salvation of people. The title "Lord" has a special position among the title of honor. The use of this title for Jesus has several roots:
The first is that Jesus was addressed more often as "mari" (Aramaic: "my lord") or as "mare" (Aramaic: "lord") by the people he dealt with. This was the usual form of address for a superior person. The first Christians followed this up when they prayed after Easter: "Maranatha!" (= "Our Lord, come!" Or "Our Lord is coming [soon]!")
The second root lies in the conflict of Christians with their pagan environment. Romans and Greeks invoked their different gods as their "masters". When the emperors in Rome began to claim divine worship, they too insisted on this title. In contrast, when Christians called Jesus their Lord, it was an avowal of the one who is infinitely superior to all pagan gods. For them Jesus was the "King of kings" and "Lord of all lords" (Revelation 19:16; see also 1 Corinthians 8: 5-6).
The crucial meaning of the title "Lord" for Jesus comes from its third root: In the Greek translation of the Old Testament the title "Lord" is used for God. Christians do not shy away from referring to their "Lord" JesusChrist individual passages of the Old Testament that speak of God as the Lord. They do this out of the awareness that in JesusChrist God Himself comes to people - in a unique and final way. According to an old Christian creed, it was God himself who gave Jesus the honorable name "Lord" and wants to see him honored as "Lord" (Philippians 2: 9-11).
Since the word "Lord" in the New Testament can refer to both God and Christ, it is sometimes difficult to decide which possibility is meant.
- Why is Black Panther a varied film
- What AAP supporters think about daemonization
- What is the maximum speed of airships
- Is dysphasia a curable disease
- Why is 787 so popular
- What's the best mini drone
- How do you get to industrial polycarbonate
- What are the best SEO companies in 2019
- Which is the best ashram in Uttarkashi
- How do I reach Diu from Vadodara
- Your shampoo can cause hair loss
- Teachers look down on teaching assistants
- Can I be admitted without SRM?
- How can I mine MetaHash or Ethereum
- What are the top digital marketing institutes
- What are the limits of common law
- Linux is free to install
- How does swimming affect brain development 1
- Sections of the library
- Why do companies collect donations
- Why are there local Coca-Cola bottlers
- Is UNF a party school
- What is the reality of IQ Option
- What chemicals are available today that are heat resistant