What would happen if the earth exploded?
What would happen if the moon was gone?
Without the moon we would not have reliable seasons. Because the moon stabilizes the earth's axis. If it did not exist, the earth's axis would go into a strong tailspin every few million years. With devastating effects on the climate. Researchers have calculated: without the moon, the earth's axis could occasionally tilt by almost 90 degrees. Then the North Pole could very quickly be in the tropics, and that would mean: Every half of the earth would have blazing sun for half a year, followed by a cold, darkest night for half a year. The moon, on the other hand, holds the earth's axis somewhat in position, so that such extreme conditions cannot exist.
Without the moon, the continents might still be inanimate and all life would take place in the sea. Because the moon brings us ebb and flow, and thus also the floodplains on the coast, in the transition between water and land. Large areas that are flooded twice a day and dry out in between. These transition areas played an important role in evolution: this is where the amphibians developed, which later crawled further and further ashore and from which lizards, dinosaurs and mammals eventually developed. Without the moon, the ebb and flow would be much weaker, and all these floodplains would not have existed in this form.
The days would be shorter without the moon. Today it takes the earth 24 hours to turn once on itself. In the early days of the earth it spun four times as fast. Accordingly, a day lasted only 6 hours. It was the moon that slowed the earth down: Due to the tides it triggers, the ebb and flow of the tide, and all this sloshing back and forth on the earth, the earth is constantly losing its rotational energy and as a result turns slower.
Without the moon it would not only be dark at night, but pitch black, every night. Only the stars could light our way. In other words...
Without the moon the earth would be somehow more lonely, so without companions. And the sad thing about the story: The moon is moving away from us, every year it drifts 4 cm further out into space. One day in the distant future he will be so far gone that there will be no more total lunar eclipses.
- Which companies use MemberPress
- Is the Chainlink LINK coin a scam
- In times of hunger, cannibalism is wrong
- CFL lamps generate UV radiation
- How do I invade and conquer France
- Do you get the feeling that people are really honest?
- Will the internet ever break
- Should purchase GoDaddy org
- Can you eat ginkgo nuts raw?
- Why is the Air Force uniform blue?
- Pakistani Christians can visit Israel
- What are the codewords for meth
- What is Groupon 1
- What does unchangeable mean in the Bible
- A 25-key keyboard is handy
- What is the value of 3 148
- Superstition is forbidden in Islam
- How are dinosaur reptiles
- What is the most valuable asset available
- Who built ESXI version 5 5
- Why do I believe in everyone
- Which beliefs are most pleasant
- What is the equation of displacement current
- India and China get along
- Has Melbourne ever been called Batmania
- How can I write my love life
- What is the function of the converter
- Which military aircraft are becoming obsolete?
- Is a number its own factor
- Why do I get depressed at work
- What is hipmunk
- When are you going to marry someone
- How many children did Bob Marley have
- What is an external GPU used for?