How is architecture related to building?
Building with the architect - is it really more expensive?
Build with your own architect - far too expensive! This rumor persists. And so today 90 percent prefer to build turnkey and leave the planning and execution to the house provider. But is it really cheaper?
You will find out in this article:
- Are architect houses really more expensive?
- What does an architect cost?
- How do I find a good architect?
Are architect houses really more expensive?
The explanation is easier than expected. Because of course the builders of exclusive, expensive houses treat themselves to an architect because they want something special. That means: The houses of the top class are built almost exclusively with in-house architects - and that raises the construction costs of “architect houses” significantly on average.
But: the clients in particular keep the budget tightly under control, and they have a planner themselves. Because in this case the client sets clear boundaries, and the builder must adhere to it. If he does not do this, he may be liable for damages. The architect himself has an interest in adhering to the limit set for him!
Those who want to be innovative often have to dig deeper into their pockets
Incidentally, it is often not the “golden taps” that drive up prices, but other items such as alternative building technology, home automation and eco-building materials. But even that has nothing to do with whether or not your own architect is involved. On the contrary: the more unusual and idiosyncratic the client's wishes, the more important it is for architects and specialist engineers to get involved.
If you take a closer look, you will see that, surprisingly, many inexpensive domiciles are “architect houses”. Competitions in which affordable family houses are advertised repeatedly document: Architects can also "cheaply". Most value limited budgets as a challenge. Your goal is the individual solution, the unique design. That is exactly why many have studied architecture.
Build cheaply: Successful examples
There are many ways to save money when building, from purchasing land to choosing the right building materials. In five house examples, we show how building owners with a tight budget got their own home - with house data and floor plans.
What does an architect cost?
The first personal conversation with the architect is usually free of charge, but builders should clarify right at the beginning when the non-binding acquisition becomes a fee-based order.
The architect is paid according to the HOAI, the fee schedule for architects and engineers. This regulation is binding for all architects and engineers. How high the architect fee is in each individual case depends on the scope of the construction project:
- So there are five in total Fee zones (for a single-family house, for example, fee zone III or IV applies) and
- nine Work phasesaccording to which billing is carried out. These are also precisely defined in the HOAI. This includes the preliminary, draft and approval planning (before the start of construction) as well as the implementation planning and construction management during the construction project.
As a rough guide, you should about 10 to 15 percent of the construction costs should plan for the architect's fee.
How do I find a good architect?
Architects are individualists, just like building owners. Both have to find each other for the design to succeed. But how do you find the right architect?
Basically: “Architect” can only be called someone who is one Specialized study and has several years of practical experience. Then he can apply for membership in the Chamber of Architects and - if he is approved - use the protected professional title. For example, only those who are in the chamber are allowed to submit the building applications required for building.
The Architects' chambers are therefore the first port of call when looking for a suitable planner. Builders do not have to adhere to national borders and can also hire an architect from another federal state.
However, this has its pitfalls, because a local planner knows the state building regulations and authorities of his home state better and also has shorter distances to the construction site. All of this is important: contacts, knowledge of legal pitfalls and, above all, physical proximity. Because the client needs the architect on site, who is present during the construction period. Therefore, the same applies to the selection of the architect as it is to the handicraft businesses: The shorter the journey, the better the support!
The state chambers of architects keep lists of members and usually offer Online search functions for researching offices in the vicinity of the prospective builders. From there it is just a few clicks to the websites of the architects' offices.
Some surprises await here - because architects are creative, and sometimes the artistic dominates over the practical information on a website. Don't let that put you off. They are important credentialsthat you should take a close look at.
- Search for architects on the websites of the Chamber of Architects
- Word of mouth about colleagues, neighbors and friends
- On the “Architecture Day” and the “Open Architecture Office Day” (last weekend in June), visit objects and speak to planners and clients
- Ring the doorbell on beautiful houses and ask for the planner
Is the chemistry right?
If the references as well as the questions of style match, the client gets in touch - preferably by phone: a call to the office shows whether the communication is working.
Builders entrust their planner with a lot of money - and they pay him well too. You rightly expect competent professional support through the adventure of building. Some builders also hope for a certain personal affection, after all, it's about their dream home. Therefore, building owners should take their time to find “their” architect - the sober practitioner or the sensitive companion. If in doubt, it is better to change the planner again at an early stage than to struggle through the construction period with the wrong partner!
And how does it continue?
The building application is the last major hurdle before construction begins. These tips will help you with your application »
Tips on building with the architect
- Immediately open with the planner fee speak.
- Construction cost set - and later make sure that the architect adheres to it.
- Architect contract to lock. The architect must provide the client as a consumer with comprehensive information, including about rights of withdrawal and office details. Chambers and building lawyers help with the conclusion of the architect contract.
- Important: from the architect Insurance confirmation let show, from which it can be seen that the sum insured is reserved for your own construction project in a certain amount and is also available in the event of damage.
- Architects can Craft companies and specialist plannerswith whom they have already worked well. The client always awards the contracts. He can, but does not have to, listen to his planner. On the other hand, a tried and tested collaboration between architects and trusted partners often speeds up construction.
- If there are conflicts: The Chamber of Architects does Ombudsmenthat can be consulted.
- Can you use clotrimazole in dogs
- Front end web development is an art
- What do Americans think of Agenda 21
- Who killed Walder Frey
- What are contraindications for drugs
- What is meant by Kehr's mark?
- How do you put on an exfoliator
- Why does jewelry irritate my skin?
- What incident sparked the French Revolution?
- Why does nobody know who developed Bitcoin?
- Is there rock music on Soundcloud
- What is the best budget SSD
- BMS is a math course
- At what age can a pilot retire
- Is life after death true or not
- The RBI was privatized
- What is 2 9 9 9 9
- How is Dropbox doing in 2015
- What is viscous force
- Why do new religions begin
- How can an octopus habitat be described
- Does Integrated Physics at Pondicherry University well
- Why are startups important
- Which is better uwsgi or gunicorn