Is heterosexuality universal
Best friends: Straight women like gay men
"Our results show which factors influence the close relationships between heterosexual women and gay men," write the researchers working with Eric Russell from the University of Texas at Arlington. A major factor is apparently the physical attractiveness of women. Those who look very good often have to expect to be seduced by a straight man or to be treated unfairly by a straight woman out of envy.
This was confirmed by one of the two studies in which 103 heterosexual women and men with an average age of 21 took part. All test subjects looked at photographs of 68 women, also around 21 years old, whose attractiveness had previously been assessed by ten independent people using a point scale from 1 to 10. Each subject should imagine meeting the woman shown at a party. Every man estimated the likelihood that he would try to persuade her to have sex, including through flattery and lies. Each woman assessed the probability with which she would perceive the person presented as a competitor in her own search for a partner and would react accordingly hostile to this woman. As expected, the physical attractiveness of women intensified the attempts of men to seduce them by all means. The competitive behavior of women also increased with increasing attractiveness.
In the second study, the women who were photographed and judged on their appearance were interviewed. On the one hand, they were asked to indicate whether they considered gay men to be more honest than straight men in conversations about romantic relationships. On the other hand, a special game provided information about how much friendship with a heterosexual or homosexual male or female person would be worth to them. It turned out that the more attractive they were, the more they wanted a close relationship with a gay man. This attitude is probably part of the “mating strategy” of attractive women, the authors explain. Since they are particularly at risk of being deceived by heterosexuals of both sexes, they would appreciate friendship with gay men more than less attractive women. From homosexual men she could also experience a higher esteem regardless of sexual interests. In addition, it is more likely to receive honest information in open discussions about relationships that will help her to find a partner.
- Do subliminal skin lightening work
- Which internships should first-year students do
- Why do some songs touch our heart
- Are your friends conservative or liberal?
- What is Salesforce Cloud Computing
- What is the future about BDS students
- What are the biggest jobs in neuroscience
- Is love supposed to be so irritating
- Who is a robot technician
- Sarah Palin is still married
- Local libraries send fines to collections
- How did you develop your dissertation topic
- Which cricket career has Virat Kohli destroyed
- How will your day be without music
- Why does nature images soothe
- What are the rules for playing artifacts
- What can I use for natural energy
- Can you combine Sudarshan Kriya with TM
- All countries are represented by a mafia
- Can delusions contradict each other
- What are the disadvantages of football
- Have iPods speakers
- Who invented cross country running?
- What are some interesting data services