What is Indian Retail
Retail & E-Commerce
The Indian retail market is projected to reach $ 1.75 billion by 2026
India - The top retail destination
The retail market in India has gone through a major transformation and has seen tremendous growth over the past 10 years. The total retail market will surpass the $ 1.75 billion mark by 2026, up from $ 795 billion in 2017. The Indian e-commerce market is expected to grow 30% with gross merchandise value being $ 200 billion by 2026.
India is among the best countries to invest in retail space. Factors that make India so attractive include the world's second largest population, a middle class of 600 million people, increasing urbanization, rising household incomes, connected rural consumers and increasing consumer spending.
- India ranked 2nd in the Global Retail Development Index (GRDI) in 2019.
- Retail is India's largest industry and currently accounts for over 10% of the country's GDP and 8% of total employment.
Recent policy changes allow 100% FDI automatically for theSingle brand retail.
Please refer to the FDI Policy for more details
Contribution to Indian GDP
Share of India's employment
Increase in consumption
Organized retail growth
India ranked 2nd in the Global Retail Development Index (GRDI) in 2019
India is expected to have more internet users (650 million) than the total population of six G7 countries by 2021
India will become the third largest consumer economy by 2025 (consumer spending expected to grow by a factor of 3 to $ 4 billion)
Retail in India has seen healthy growth in recent years, reaching a total market size of $ 795 billion in 2017.
The Indian retail market is estimated at $ 1.75 billion by 2026, down from $ 0.79 billion in 2018, a growth of 9-11% due to socio-demographic and economic factors such as urbanization, income growth and the rise of nuclear families is due. On the other hand, the Indian e-commerce industry is expected to pass the $ 200 billion mark by 2026.
3-fold increase in median household income to $ 18,448 in 2020 from $ 6,393 in 2010
Increased online spending
Online shoppers are projected to be 350 million by 2025 from the current 90 million, with digital spending expected to grow more than 10-fold to $ 550 billion and accounting for 35% of all retail sales by 2025
Rural Consumption Growth
Per capita consumption in rural areas will increase 4.3 times by 2030 compared to 3.5 times in urban areas
Young millennial households
India will add nearly 90 million new households led by Millennials born in liberalized India. The country's median age will be 29 years by 2025, with the world's largest skilled workforce of over 600 million by 2025.
Industrial land banking portal
GIS-based map with the available infrastructure for setting up manufacturing plants
Often VIEW ALL
- Owned by Warner Media General Mills
- What are the best Dark-type Pokemon
- What does NA mean in grades
- What is claustrophobia
- Is Skyrim worth it
- Why is it called Programs x86
- What does Desta mean in Amharic
- Would the BPM industry survive the digital revolution?
- What is the process of dissertation
- How is Botox different from Juvederm
- What was Lise Meitner best known for?
- Are Delhi pubs safe for girls
- What are integrity and discipline
- Crystals continue to grow
- Is it true that Genrikh Yagoda was Jewish?
- What are your favorite sketches on albums
- What is a foundation 1
- Did Spironolactone Help Your Hair Regrowth
- Are all surds irrational
- What is the cause of scoliosis
- How effective are physical ads
- Are all squares congruent
- How do you increase your energy at noon
- What are the benefits of grapefruit