What is a kernel paging request
Can't process kernel paging request?
[Disclaimer: I was a little nervous about posting this at first so I asked on Meta if it was acceptable to discuss homebrew / modding. Based on the response I received from several veterans, I posted this thread. Here is the link to meta.]
I am currently trying to modify my original Xbox using xboxhdm and ndure 3.0. xboxhdm is based on a small bootable Linux distribution and gives me fits, so I figured I'd ask here and see if someone could help me. (Note: Before anyone suggests another board, xboxhdm boots from a CD on a PC - the Xbox hardware is completely uninvolved, so I'm asking here.)
The PC I use is relatively old - it's an old Compaq desktop with around 512MB of RAM and a 2.5GHz processor (probably a P IV). I use it because it has 2 IDE ports on the motherboard. The age of the computer shouldn't be an issue in terms of performance - the xboxhdm + ndure hack has been around for years - it was designed to run on such hardware.
Anyway - at some point I need to copy some files from the CD to the Xbox hard drive (this is a standard Seagate IDE drive powered by a Molex). About halfway through the copy all dies ... I get an error and eventually a kernel panic.
I couldn't find anything about this error and how it relates specifically to Xbox modding, but what information I was able to find suggested that I might have a bad stick of RAM. I haven't been able to test this out yet, but I'll run MEMTEST as soon as I get home.
I don't have the setup with me - I'm at work and it's home - but if anyone is interested in lending a hand, I'll snap and post photos tonight. The only reason I'm asking here is that I'm still a fairly new * nix converter and I'm not entirely sure how this all works. I'm assuming this is a pretty normal error message too ... correct me if I'm wrong.
- Can you decipher the word GWEA?
- Can monkeys get autism?
- Why is a gynecologist important
- What is 3D sound
- Rejects Amity students
- Can I use a CAT 7 cable?
- Why are Pixar movies so sad
- How does HDMI Ethernet work
- Why does my internet keep cutting out
- Which girl name do you like best
- What is Google OS
- Jews killed Jesus
- Who is the 1 streamer on Twitch
- What is Thrashing in an Operating System
- Help college rejected students
- Is it dangerous to have a cat?
- What are some website reseller companies
- England is too crowded
- What is a passive optical network
- Is Broly 2019 stronger than OG Broly
- Why is my diarrhea light yellow
- How can we easily learn pointers
- What is the Microsoft SQL Server
- How useful is Etsy