Why does drinking hide our emotional pain
Emotions under control!
Emotion regulation can be learned
We all feel - but we don't all feel the same. An example: someone reacts angrily to criticism from his boss and is barely accessible for days - the same criticism has a more motivating effect on someone else.
Dealing with feelings is largely learned. The good news: what has been learned can also be modified, improved or even learned from scratch. You can find out how to do this in this book.
Self-help for greater satisfaction and well-being
It has now been proven that those who can perceive and regulate their emotions increase satisfaction, happiness and health. Psychological disorders such as burnout, depression and fears can also be alleviated or even avoided. This book answers the following questions:
- Why do I need emotions and how can I better recognize and describe them?
- What is the relationship between the way I deal with feelings and my physical and mental health? For example, is it helpful to 'suppress anger, or should I act it out?
- Can I control emotions purely through the mind?
- How do I regulate my feelings so that I experience more satisfaction and happiness in life?
You create your own personal emotion regulation profile and find out how you typically deal with your feelings and how you can improve them. The text is peppered with clear examples, self-tests with evaluations and an 8-week program for practicing helpful strategies.
Start your own journey to become a “feeling expert”
Authors and affiliations
- 1. Institute of Psychology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
About the authors
Prof. Dr. Sven Barnow is head of the Department of Clinical Psychology / Psychotherapy and the Psychotherapeutic University Outpatient Clinic at the Psychological Institute of the Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg. Professor Barnow is also a psychological psychotherapist (behavioral therapy) and supervisor. He has directed a psychotherapy ward for personality disorders (especially borderline) for many years and is currently engaged in, among other things. with the question of how psychotherapy effects can be improved. A special focus is the importance of emotion regulation for mental health and disorder.
- How is limestone used in everyday life
- What are the advantages of roof replacement
- It is important which college you attended
- Why do people like Metallica
- Free broadband is good business
- What's your favorite ice cream cake
- Where can I learn multithreading in C ++
- Can rabbits eat banana peels
- What motivates you to always improve yourself
- Can we really choose what to think?
- Why do copper nails kill trees
- Why did the Antares missile 1 explode
- How do demigods look like
- Copy WhatsApp Facebook
- Am i really in love 1
- What is treasury management in banks
- Are Navy Corpsman doctors
- Why do bats break in baseball
- How do I print on doormats
- Why are Pixar movies so sad
- What is the purpose of CNN
- Where do bomb cyclones occur most frequently?
- How can I restore old Instagram stories
- IPTV Smarters Pro is free