How do you say whatever in Korean
18. How do you say hello?
How do you say hello in Korean?
If you want to learn Korean, then of course you also want to know what hello means in Korean.
And this is exactly the question we want to address. And there is no answer or translation that is universally valid. Because the word hello in Korean depends on who you are addressing. Let's take a closer look at that.
Informal hello in Korean
1. 안녕 [annyeong]
The informal way to say hello is 안녕. If you have not yet learned the Korean alphabet and are not sure how to pronounce it, you should know that "eo" is pronounced like an "o". It is also advisable to learn Hangul (the Korean alphabet) if you want to read and speak Korean. This of course also helps with the emphasis.
안녕 is used when talking to friends or Children speaks. You can also use 안녕 as an informal phrase to say goodbye in Korean. As soon as you can use and pronounce 안녕 correctly, the other types of greetings will be easier for you.
Standard Hello in Korean
2. 안녕하세요? [annyeong-haseyo?]
This is the standard usage of Hello in Korean.
If you ask for the translation of hello, you will normally always find this translation. 안녕하세요 consists of two parts.
The first part is the informal 안녕 and the second part is 하세요, which comes from the verb 하다 (to make).
세 comes from 시 and is built into words to show more respect. 시 used when talking to someone older than you.
Formal hello in Korean
3. 안녕하십니까? (annyeong-hashimnikka?)
This form is used in official announcements and the news. It's the most respectful version of the word hello.
Hello phone in Korean
What's a phone hello? In Korea, another word is used to say hello on the phone.
여 보세요 (yeo-bo-seyo)
It's a respectful way to answer the phone even if you don't know who the caller is. Use this word just on the phone!
Hopefully you now know how to say hello in Korean in which situation. Since there is more than one shape for hello, it may take a while before you can use the different shapes properly. When in doubt, always use 안녕하세요. Then, in most cases, you are on the safe side.
- The deep state controls the media
- How websites block VPNs from working
- Is Airbnb legal in India
- Do you tolerate heat or cold better
- What makes hot sauce hot
- Why don't all planets have rings?
- What is a huge fund
- What is the chemical process of combustion
- What are flow entries
- What is the Russian word for goal
- Fountain pen tips are interchangeable
- Worth Amazon
- Birds There are cuckoos in North America
- What is the best mind mapping software
- Why is democratic education important
- What is business intelligence consulting
- Why is goddess Durga Lokeshi called
- Meditation helps transform abusive behavior
- Have you been bullied and why
- What did President Harrison die of?
- What makes Allahabad different from other cities
- Where are the answers from MailChimp going
- Are grain processed foods
- What does the BorgWarner company sell
- What's your rating of LeanKit
- There is pollution from electricity generation
- Who first translated the Iliad into English?
- Who is the chairman of HDFC Bank
- Why is a healthy diet and exercise not compulsory?
- Bathsheba Adulteress or Innocent Victim 1
- Is local anesthesia safe during pregnancy?
- What is the best delta sleep meditation
- Why are ionic compounds classified as acids
- Distance learning is possible at the LSE