Which is the best WordPress website maintenance
WordPress Maintenance: 50 Regular Tasks
Building a WordPress website is one thing; maintaining and maintaining it is another. This is where WordPress maintenance comes in.
The work is not done with Golive's website. A website, like a plant, needs the necessary care so that it does not dry out. Maintenance work on your WordPress website should therefore by no means be neglected. Here are 50 permanent WordPress maintenance jobs that should be carried out regularly on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Check the speed of your website, for example with WebPagetest. Read my detailed article on this.
- Check your website for broken links.
- Forward broken links via HTTP 301 to similar pages so that the visitor does not see a 404 page.
- Check your sidebar for up-to-dateness.
- Update WordPress regularly so that you always have the latest version up and running.
- Delete spam comments.
- Remove unnecessary themes.
- Delete unnecessary plugins.
- Update your active plugins.
- Update the theme you are using.
- Keep all widgets up to date.
- Remove things that are no longer needed that are lying around like trash and unnecessarily burden the website.
- Check your website for security.
- Tidy up your media library so that you don't have storage space problems.
- Optimize the database and its tables.
- Test the compatibility of your website with different browsers on different devices.
- Check your download links.
- Check your social media links.
- Optimize the images for your website. It's best to do this before you upload them.
- Update the header and the page images regularly.
- Check the navigation on different devices.
- Check the e-mail opt-in and the contact form to ensure that they are working correctly.
- Make sure that Google Analytics can do its job well.
- Check that there are no error messages in the Google Search Console.
- Remove drafts and older versions of blog posts.
Sure so far? The other 25 points about WordPress maintenance
- Check the resources required by the plugins.
- Validate your website against the W3C standard.
- Disable automatic WordPress updates.
- Back up your WordPress database. It is the heart of the website.
- Have a daily backup of your entire website (files and database).
- Update all content.
- You should also check metadata such as title and description often.
- Use a maintenance screen that indicates maintenance work on your website before you publish major innovations. This gives you enough time to test the adjustments yourself beforehand.
- Check your on-page SEO, all posts and CMS pages.
- Always keep your "About me" or "About us" page up to date.
- Check your website feed for its content.
- Disable trackbacks and pingbacks of your posts.
- Reply to comments quickly.
- Always keep the copyright date in the footer up to date.
- Remove inactive website users and administrators.
- Change your password from time to time.
- Define the interval in which unpublished contributions are cached.
- Scan your website for malware and viruses.
- Turn off debug mode.
- Check your hoster's statistics.
- Make sure that the hosting and domain are renewed in good time.
- Increase the memory limit.
- Check your affiliate marketing links.
- Check out AdSense ads on your website.
- Get your website checked with WP Checkup.
More articles on WordPress
WordPress 5.0 is here! December 09, 2018
WordPress 5.0 and Gutenberg yes or no? 10/10/2018
Website and accessibility - it's that easy July 26th, 2018 - updated on November 7th, 2019.
Fast WordPress website (infographic) 06/29/2018 - updated 11/08/2019.
WPML Lifetime Account was once 04/10/2018
The most important points about WordPress security December 30th, 2017 - updated on November 8th, 2019.
WordPress update failed - what to do? December 27, 2017
10 reasons why WordPress is the right choice 11/05/2017 - updated 11/30/2019.
- Put Itachi Nagato into eternal genjutsu
- Which countries control the freedoms
- What is the strongest toothpick bridge design
- How common is Lisp these days
- What do great writers do differently?
- How does our society work
- How is Uncle Ben's rice made
- How is a computer helpful for programming?
- Who What is important in this world
- Smart is the new sexy
- Arctan equals inverse tan
- What is the SAM value in clothing
- Dogs love their masters unconditionally
- Frequent drinking affects intellectual abilities
- What is the weakness of Dell computers
- What improves WiFi
- What is the power of heightened consciousness
- Why do you love your favorite band
- Is Calcutta University better than Presidency University
- Why do cheetahs look like pumas
- Do aquatic animals have a voicebox
- Why everyone says karma is a little ** h
- How kind are you to strangers
- What is Tom Brady's greatest moment