What is magnetic acceleration
Physicists use electric fields to accelerate particles to higher energies. To bring the particles onto the crooked path, they use magnetic fields.
Again and again it is necessary to redirect charged particles. This is the case, for example, in circular accelerators, in which the particles repeatedly travel through the same acceleration paths on a circular path. Or if the particles are to be guided from one accelerator into another or if they are to be bundled into compact beams.
In all of this, one uses the effect that electrical particles fly in magnetic fields along a circular path. The so-called Lorentz force is responsible for this. Their direction depends on the charge of the particle and the direction of the magnetic field.
The force of a magnetic field B on an electric charge q with the velocity v is described by the magnetic component of the Lorentz force:
In order to calculate the radius of the circular path of a charged particle in a magnetic field, one has to equate the centripetal force with the magnetic force. For a non-relativistic particle - that is, one with a speed further below that of light - the following derivation applies.
The centripetal force of a particle of mass m on a circular path with velocity v and radius R is determined by:
The magnetic force on the charged particle with the charge q in the magnetic field B is:
These two forces are equal on the circular path. This gives for the radius:
The higher the speed, the lower the magnetic field can be. The higher the mass, the stronger the magnetic field has to be. So for protons you need much stronger magnets than for electrons.
- Let's lose the wisdom of data
- Barca will be played again against PSG
- Why aren't video games written in Java
- Who makes the best leather notebook portfolio?
- How do I multiply two numbers
- Space shuttles are still in use
- Which is the better option BARC or NPCIL
- Can two narcissists take care of each other
- What is an autograder tool
- How do I rent offices
- Where can I practice the Java quiz
- What does it mean to catch red eyes
- How is BJYU for UPSC preparation
- How are hexadecimal numbers
- What made you a religious person
- How is Civil Engineering at UPES College
- How do I invest money in Cairo
- Why do copper nails kill trees
- How can I sell male shirts online
- What are the technological problems in India
- Who forgives the priests their sins?
- Why is calcium carbonate in organic compounds
- What is an electric screwdriver
- What is a special coloring in microscopy
- What are the alternatives for AdMob
- What should I do with my job
- Everyone is haunted by their past
- Why is The Clone Wars back now?
- What is PSL sawn timber
- How has digital illustration changed the industry
- How are square waves created
- What is a web framework in Python
- Is a wider tire bad for the transmission?