What is 1 half plus 3 quarters
Fractional numbers - spelling and pronunciation in German
Fractional numbers are numbers that consist of a numerator, denominator and fraction line. We find these numbers in German not only in mathematics, but also, for example, in recipes (½ liter of water).
Learn and practice the spelling and pronunciation of German fractions.
To form the fractions, we use the cardinal number in the numerator (for one falls that -s path). The actual fraction is in the denominator: It is formed from the root word of the ordinal number plus -el.
Declination of fractions
Just one in the counter or half in the denominator are declined. Otherwise the fractions remain unchanged.
- I drink half a liter of coffee every day.
- He ordered a quarter of a liter of wine.
- She bought two half loaves.
The number one is declined like the indefinite article, the word half like an adjective.
- a halfit Kilos of flour (neutral, nominative)
- for aen halfen Day (masculine, accusative)
- in ahe halfen hour (feminine, dative)
- despite ait halfen Liters deviation (masculine, genitive)
Large and lower case
If there is a noun directly after the fraction, then we write both parts of the written number in lowercase.
- two one-thirdliter milk
If this is not the case, the denominator of the fraction is treated as a noun and is capitalized.
- I only have two one-third of what I wanted, made it.
- I got a quarter of the questions wrong.
Separate and combined writing
Usually the fraction is written separately from the unit of measure.
- a quarter liter of water
- three eighths of a kilo of flour
However, if the fractional number and measure are seen as a unit, they are written together.
- three quarters of an hour
- the six-eight time
- a quarter liter
Peculiarity of "half"
The noun too half reads half.
- I have the half Eaten cake. → I ate half of the cake.
The adjective ending is omitted when spelling together.
- a halfit Year → half a year
Stands in front a half a whole number, it becomes a word.
- 1½ → one and a half / one and a half
- 2 ½ → two and a half
- 3½ → three and a half
- I've lived here for five and a half years.
Fractional numbers without a numerator
In certain cases we only use the fractional denominator. This is especially true of the words half, third, quarter and eighth.
- The team is in eighthfinal. To that quarterTo reach the finals, the players have to be in the first HalfTime to put pressure on and increase the attackone-third act.
- Fascism Why do people follow dictators
- What was your most expensive vacation trip
- How was your CMI exam in 2018
- Your parents use social networks
- What is data quality management
- What are all jobs in cryptology
- How do I bring back physical intimacy
- How do people know about internet abbreviations?
- Why should I collect donations
- How can I accept my own body
- What is pent up anger
- How does gravity arise
- How are the prisons in Tennessee?
- Is heterosexuality universal
- Which synergistically benefits email marketing
- What do negative risk weighted assets mean?
- How gentle are bullmastiffs around a baby
- What are the uses of cards 3
- How do you heal yourself from depression
- How does Affilitest work
- What is Operation Ivy League
- You can borrow more for your mortgage
- Will mankind be exposed to a great plague again?
- Where does blueberry come from