What is a table saw
Table saw: what makes a good one?
Table saws belong in every woodworking workshop. Every do-it-yourselfer who works intensively with wood and wood-based materials ultimately cannot avoid a solid circular table saw for precise cuts of panel material and solid wood. When choosing the right machine, it is important that it fits the task at hand. A compact machine is ideal for the construction site and the narrow hobby workshop, but it never achieves the cutting performance and quality of a 300 kg sliding table saw.
You should keep this in mind with a good table saw
Pay attention to a solid construction even with a compact table saw. Modern plastic housings are not quite as rigid as a solid metal body, but are more recommended for a transportable machine because they are much lighter.
Solid and easily adjustable stops are important for precise work. They also guarantee a high level of repeatability in the production of small series. For professionals, time is money. Do-it-yourselfers can also get good results with less convenient solutions if they take the time to meticulously adjust the angle.
© GIS - stock.adobe.com
An attachable sliding table makes it easier to feed larger workpieces, provided that it is precisely adjustable, runs smoothly and its extension is long enough for the incidental cuts. Table extensions and extensions make working with large workpieces easier. Fixed or foldable solutions are preferable to pull-out supports. If necessary, you should plan additional accessories such as roller blocks and a solid base into your budget. This also applies to the various saw blades, because the best cutting quality can only be achieved with the best possible saw blade for different materials and types of cut. Also, watch out for the engine. Machines with a power consumption of 1200 to 1500 watts are sufficient for cutting thin boards and panels.
If you want to cut thick hardwood planks, you should prefer machines with 2000 to 3000 watts. If the table saw is to remain mobile, only machines for 230 volts alternating current come into question. If, on the other hand, the saw has a permanent place in the workshop, a machine with a 400-volt three-phase motor is recommended. This is usually stronger and more robust, but requires a three-phase connection.
Buy a table saw: Our tips
- Choose a table saw so that it perfectly fulfills your main area of application. The small, handy machines are, for example, only partially suitable for building 2 m high cabinets. On the other hand, they are ideal for many interior design tasks, as they can be easily transported to the construction site.
- Make sure that the machine and the table extensions are solid, torsion-resistant.
- Solid and precise stops are a prerequisite for exact cuts. Fine adjustments with a magnifying glass often enable more precise work.
- For an optimal working height, the machine should stand on a solid base. If it is not part of the standard equipment of the table saw, you should plan to purchase a base.
We also put two table saws to the test. You can read our results here:
-> Table saw PTS10 from Bosch
-> Table saw tku 4000 from Scheppach
You might also be interested in:
- Your bedroom could define who you are
- What is re-marketing in digital marketing
- Which 3D file formats support skeletal animations
- How was Karna defeated
- Why is Trump trying to ruin Obamacare
- What is your performance in future trading
- Who are the best gynecologists in Hyderabad
- Where does the name Jeddah come from?
- Education is the biggest business these days
- How do therapists live their lives
- How can I raft the Grand Canyon
- Smart Fortwo cars are cheap to maintain
- What's new in the new public administration
- What system is called a second brain?
- Is SEM the same as PPC
- Why did Google buy Agnilux
- Why does schizophrenia develop later in life
- Why are some people dependent on misery
- Why would a psychopath haunt me romantically?
- How should Hindus read the Koran?
- What does Hertfordshire mean
- What is the aboriginal name for Perth
- How is the groundwater recharged
- What is Prescott AZ known for