Are undefeated teams good for the NFL
Nashville (AP) - The Tennessee Titans won in the team's first game after the Corona outbreak against the Buffalo Bills and are still unbeaten as one of only four teams in the NFL.
Against the previously undefeated Bills there was a 42:16 on Tuesday evening. The game had been postponed because of the total of 24 positive tests at the Titans, encounters on a Tuesday are extremely unusual in the National Football League. Besides the Titans, the Seattle Seahawks, Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers are undefeated. The Seahwaks already have five wins, the other three teams have four wins.
Titans quarterback Ryan Tannehill came up with three touchdown passes and one runner-up touchdown. Only seven of his 28 throw attempts did not come to a teammate. Running back Derrick Henry scored two touchdowns, as did receiver Jonnu Smith. The two interceptions from quarterback Josh Allen were particularly bitter for the Bills.
Meanwhile, as a consequence of the Corona outbreak in the Titans team, the NFL has adjusted its rules to protect against the virus. A PCR test should be carried out on the same day from the coming match day. In addition, only coaches who announce moves should be allowed to wear a plastic shield on the sidelines instead of a mouth and nose cover.
"We can not be complacent, not the players, not the coach, not the rest of our staff," said NFL boss Roger Goodell, according to the US news agency AP. "90 percent are not good enough in this environment. We have to be incredibly hard-working and disciplined."
As the NFL had previously announced, there have been 39 players infected with the coronavirus and 60 other cases in the teams under supervisors and coaches since the start of the tests coordinated by the league on August 1. Most recently, 24 positive tests were attributed to the Titans alone, whose training grounds were therefore not allowed to be used for days. The NFL had to reschedule several games.
In contrast to the NHL and the NBA, which brought their interrupted seasons to an end in bubbles and crowned champions, the NFL refrains from isolating entire teams in this way. The players live in their houses and apartments, but are encouraged to behave responsibly and follow strict hygiene rules. How the Titans outbreak and the infection of several other professionals, including New England Patriots quarterback Cam Newton, came about is unclear.
© dpa-infocom, dpa: 201014-99-936443 / 3
- Travel can be inexpensive
- There are differences in income, sales and profit
- Why do people get scary dreams
- What are the general theories of semantics
- Is nitrobenzene more reactive than phenol
- What is a narcissistic goal
- Will restaurants ever start using metal straws?
- Who can reduce my hair loss
- Who knows beautiful online programming courses
- Who is the greatest person who ever lived
- Who Sells Perfect Keto
- Is someone robust who still uses small talk
- How was your COMEDK result in 2019
- When did the chocolate advent calendars first appear?
- How to track a radio transmission
- What is Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome NHS
- What is Everdry Waterproofing made of
- Are lithium-ion jump starters reliable
- What motivates a narcissist
- How do I leave my old lifestyle
- Is Python future proof
- What is the temperature in Delhi at the moment
- How do some autistic people think mathematically
- What is an ion charge