What do wisdom teeth look like
On an X-ray, it is easy to see how the wisdom tooth is located, how many roots it has, whether they are bent or fused together, or whether they are damaged, for example due to tooth decay. Damage to the neighboring teeth is also clearly visible on the X-rays. According to these criteria, dentists can estimate the difficulty, the risk of complications and the cost of the dental operation.
How does a wisdom tooth operation work?
The wisdom tooth operation usually takes place on an outpatient basis in the practice of the dentist or orthodontist. You only have to go to the hospital as an inpatient if your general health is not stable enough or if you suffer from serious illnesses that increase the risk of surgery. Examples are a tendency to bleed or a weakened immune system.
Dentists remove the wisdom teeth in stages - one half of the jaw at a time - every few weeks or collectively - all at once - in one session. Tooth extraction is usually done under local anesthesia. If patients are afraid of the wisdom tooth operation, the operation is difficult or is linked to further treatment, calming, anti-anxiety medication may also help. General anesthesia is usually not necessary unless you are an anxiety patient (phobics).
Which painkillers can I take?
Very few patients are completely painless after removing their wisdom teeth. The pain usually lasts up to three days, sometimes longer. Various painkillers help during this time.
The active ingredient ibuprofen, which also combats inflammation, is very effective. The pain medication is available in pharmacies up to a dosage of 400 milligrams without a prescription. Study the package insert to find out how high the daily dose should be. Dentists also prescribe supplements that contain 600 milligrams of ibuprofen.
Painkillers with acetylsalicylic acid (ASA) are not suitable because the active ingredient has a blood-thinning effect, causes bleeding and increases the risk of infection.
- What does mitotic mean
- How can I simply define electromagnetic waves
- Why are there only 7 crystal systems
- Why do babies like me so much
- How can I make canned glaze better
- Got justice to OJ
- How fast do koi fish grow
- What is the difference between progress and progress
- What does the slang term airtight mean?
- How do I develop good architectural concepts
- How do I develop a donation plan
- What are the 5 factors of demand
- What is the biggest restaurant in Venezuela
- Why is it worth studying Slavoj Zizek
- What is toll manufacturing or contract manufacturing
- How does a government set the tax rates
- Have you been bullied and why
- Is it possible to make Trix Muesli?
- What are the best beaches in Krabi
- Is voltage important in power banks
- Do you like Jim Carrey's artwork
- Why study at INSEEC Paris
- What happened to the Ford Taurus SHO
- When was a laptop introduced in India?